I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Building Show...
Posted by: Rob Savino (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2011 09:39PM

I have to shout it out. I just booked my flights and I am finally going to attend my first Rod Expo.
Rob Savino

Boston, MA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 09:41PM by Rob Savino.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Building Show...
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2011 09:41PM

You will not be disappointed.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Rob Savino (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2011 09:45PM

I do have some questions about it. I there a resource to ship what I have purchased? Should I bring cash? Can I get better deals with cash? Does anyone have any thoughts to help me be prepared.
Rob

Boston, MA

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2011 10:25PM

Shipping yes, Cash, yes As far as better deals for cash none that I have seen( the deals are good enough already). As far a thoughts to be prepared wear some comfortable shoes, wear a name tag,Bring a camera and a notebook.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: January 10, 2011 07:34AM

You will not be dis-appointed. If you buy enough the trip will pay for itself. (At least that is what my wife tells me on her shopping trips).

Their will be a shipper at the show so buy as many blanks that you can.

Pick out some seminars, spend time with the dealers and meet other builders

I hope you have a good time.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 10, 2011 07:43AM

Rob
Glad you can make it this year. Time spent with the builders (craft masters) like the NERBs, Jim Upton, Mark Crouse, JP Timberlake, the "swamp boys" - seminars by Gary Loomis, Ralph O'Quinn and others will make your trip worth the cost and time. Products will be there by the thousands - including (I think) one or two to be initially unveiled at the show - it seems like there have been one or two new products and techniques introduced every year - if nothing else it's a weekend away from the grip of Mass winter.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 10, 2011 08:36AM

Rob,

Ken said it best!

You are investing time and money in yourself by going. Here is a rare opportunity to see, meet, talk with, ask questions, listen to the answers of other attendees questions ftom movers and shakers in the industry. AND, you have them all in one room for 2 days. They are looking to meet you, to help you and of course to show/market their product. An example, wait till you see the Batson setup, how big it is, how many blanks they bring, the rods that they themselves build and fish with,all their other products that you can look at/hold and ask the owner of the company with his sale force all your questions and this is only one company. Start taking your vitamin pills now so you have a reserve energy bank to get thru the weekend.

Many of the people who post here and advertise here will be there. Meet them so you can place a face to the name. Let them know who you are. Down the road you may want to talk to them and many will remember who you are. What a great way to do business!

Bring cash and a couple of credit cards! Have a blast!

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 10, 2011 04:18PM

The social gatherings at the hotel across the street can be very informative and entertaining!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Rob Savino (---.mycingular.net)
Date: January 10, 2011 06:22PM

Which hotel?
Rob

Boston, MA

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: January 10, 2011 07:27PM

Best Western High Point. Come out the Expo doors and make a left. Cross the street and go into the backdoor of the tall building (several stories). Navigate the hallways toward the front, you will hear the commotion ... the bar and restaurant is NOT quiet during the show dates.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2011 09:00AM

Make a RIGHT
Jim has you headed into parking lot wilderness.

Left if you facing Expo building , Right when exiting Expo doors

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: January 11, 2011 10:25AM

Steve is correct, make a right coming out the doors and THEN follow my directions. My hands are always getting confused.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster