I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

white rods
Posted by: Steven Garvey (192.133.254.---)
Date: October 15, 2010 07:41AM

I see a lot of the guys on TV on the Bassmasters with white colored rods.
Are these the Kistler "custom" micro rods?
Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: white rods
Posted by: Andrew Metzger (---.afspc.af.mil)
Date: October 15, 2010 08:19AM

Abu Garcia Veritas maybe?

Kistlers are built on their own blanks built by NFC, Z-bone's are nice. I got my hands on a new one the other day, the EVA jacket they use to cover the seat nut is cool, the plastic hook hanger I'm not sold on yet though.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: October 15, 2010 08:30AM

A few of them may be the Abu Garcia, but most of them are Duckett Micro Magic. Next season will be a real turning point for sponsored fishermen and micro guides, the 2 biggest names in tournament fishing Kevin Van Dam and Skeet Reese will have signature series rods with micro guides.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2010 09:07AM

If the one you've seen are the white, with red trim rings, black foam handles. They are Duckett rods

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 09:38AM

Partial list of production companies with micro rods in their current retail line up:

Abu, Castaway Rods, Duckett Fishing, Eagle Claw, e21 Carrots Stick, Falcon, Kistler and Quantum.

Two first place wins on the Elite Circuit this year have been accomplished by Elites linked to "Micro Rods".

A long list of Elites, tournament fishermen, fishing guides and retail outlets are marketing Signature Label Micro rods which are designed and contract built by custom builders.

Posted by: Steven Garvey (192.133.254.---)
Date: October 15, 2010 11:27AM

Thanks for the info, must be the Duckett rods, yes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster