I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide ID and source... weird one
Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2010 10:38PM

I took in what I thought was just another rod for repairs and upon inspection, I find graphite or some other composite type guide frames. I contacted the owner and asked what he wanted me to do, told him I could search around a bit and he said that's fine, he'd much prefer if it was repaired with the same type.

I am in need of one of these guides and possibly more if someone has a stash, or from a vendor. I will pay a fair price as the rod has sentimental value to the owner.

The owner says they are graphite frame Fujis, black shock ring and black aluminum oxide ring and the rod was built 10-12 years ago. The closest one I could measure was one size larger than the one I need at at about 6.5-6.7mm inside the ring
I would really appreciate any help trying to locate one of these.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Thanks,
Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 10:38PM by Steve Johnson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide ID and source... weird one
Posted by: PAUL FANNON (---.43.254.125.unassigned.soulaustralia.com.au)
Date: October 13, 2010 12:58AM

Hi Steve.

I have gone back quite a few years with my FUJI catalogues.

I cannot find a mention of a graphite frame.

Yours.

Paul.

I fish therefore I am.
www.hookeduprods.com

Posted by: Adam Edwards (210.9.200.---)
Date: October 13, 2010 02:36AM

Hi Steve

Try this guy from Australia. His name is Anthony and he has some New Old Stock (NOS) of Fuji Guides from the 1980's

His email address is: az.geo@yahoo.com

Currently on his @#$%& site he has complete sets of Fuji NOS from the 80's.

Hope this helps?

Regards Adam

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 13, 2010 07:52AM

I"ve seen those guides but I don't believe they're from Fuji. Do you see the word "Fuji" stamped or molded into the frame anywhere?

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: October 13, 2010 09:44AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Tom, I do not see "Fuji" stamped in the frame anywhere. The owner said several times that he thought they were Fujis and did seem to know a bit about rod building. However, to me they don't resemble any Fujis I've ever seen. Honestly they look like something off a Wally World special, seem fairly robust though.

Adam, I'll try your source as well.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 13, 2010 10:11AM

To my knowledge, Fuji stamps every product they make with their name. It would be rare to have a Fuji guide that didn't have the name imprinted on it somewhere.

I really don't think those are Fuji guides. And I'm pretty certain they're older guides and to find an exact replacement you may have to look long and hard.

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2010 05:40PM

Thanks Tom,

I've searched some but it looks like it's just going to be a complete re-wrap. I would still like to know where these came from if anyone ever finds out.

Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster