I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

help with logo
Posted by: chip chappell (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 09:23AM

Hi guys

Have a person who wants a team logo put on their rod.i have shrunk the logo down and and put it on photo paper (gloss) type. The problem is its kind of thick.
And with the small circumference of the rod. its going to take more finish then i really want to build up to be come level .
i used super glue to hold the material to the rod
I see allot of logos online. But not the one I'm looking for . Is there a way to get the logo to a decal material then transfer to it to the rod. I know one of you guys will have the answer

thanks again

chip

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help with logo
Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 09:27AM

Get up with the label master Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Mike Winkler (---.samuelmanutech.com)
Date: October 08, 2010 09:56AM

Depending on what team logo you are trying to get. I have used the decals football players use under their eyes. Can't remember what they are called. lol!

Posted by: JEREMY FISHER (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 11:02AM

Temp. Tattoo's work the best for me.

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 11:39AM

If you can print it on photo paper you can print it on decal media. Like Kevin said, contact Bill Stevens at Swampland. Click the link to the left.

Posted by: John M. Hernandez (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 08, 2010 12:16PM

Chip,

Put it on water slide decal paper. You can buy it at any decent hobby shop or go to decalpaper.com. They not only have inkjet and laserjet paper but a step by step process that works perfect. All you need to do is figure out if you need a clear paper or white paper.

Tight lines,

John Hernandez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 12:17PM by John M. Hernandez.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 01:08PM

Kevin would you please let us know how you got "legal" approval from the "team" to print a special logo!

Click on:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 01:11PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 10:35PM

Check the team logos on MudHole. They may have what you're looking for.

Posted by: Victor Heal (66.231.32.---)
Date: October 09, 2010 09:51AM

Chip,
Bill is correct. You need approval if you are selling the rod. The good news is, if you write the team they will usually allow you a one time use. I built a ice rod last winter with a team logo and had to get permission form the team. They asked that I not disclose their name and only use the logo they provided one time. If I had need of the logo in the future I would need to contact them.
I gave the customer a copy of the letter with the rod. It turned out to be a pretty cool selling point.

Vic

Posted by: Jim Williams (---.br1.sho.az.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 11, 2010 01:01PM

I saw a feather on a rod. Fellow told me how he did it. I have not done any decals so I am no person to consult.

However I know what what he said as to how he did it. He stated he used CP to place the feather on the rod. When it dried he covered it with a polyurethane. It looked splendid.

Just fyi
you guy all know all that stuff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster