I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The NERBs Blackfish Gathering - featuring Geoff Ocean Eagle
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2010 09:02AM

On October 2 &/or 3 at my shop, w will be doing the first NERBs Gathering of the 2010-2011 wrapping season. RIght in time for Blackfish season, we will be covering EVERYTHING, rods, reels, rigs, and techniques. Geoff OE is going to come and answer any qustions you have, and those who have fished with him before know what a machine he is day in and day out, this is an excellntopportunity to learn a lot abotu Blackfishing, as well as what rods and blanks to use and why.

This gathering is not limited to rodbuilders, I'm hoping to get a few fishermen who want to learn more about Blackfishing to show up as well. MAybe someoen looking to buy a new rod, or a get a custom built - this is a PERFECT opportunity to see a wide range of rods, and get exactly what you want built or in a factory rod.

Sign up by sending me an e-mail at xlrods@yahoo.com. We will be doing several other gatherings throughout the Fall & Winter so stay tuned: [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The NERBs Blackfish Gathering - featuring Geoff Ocean Eagle
Date: September 02, 2010 12:50PM

6 spots already filled this morning. Adn Seeker just shipped me 4 prototype hercules blanks, 2 8' and 2 9', hoping one of these will be "IT" for Blackfishing since there isn't really the perfect blank out there.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2010 01:31PM

Pencil me in?........Teh 5th is my birthday and I think I need a present...gotta talk to Leah...whats a Blackfish?

MJ

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2010 01:39PM

MJ

This fish was called the tautog by the Indians. It is caught in the vicinity of Massachusetts and New York Bays, in Long Island Sound, and in nearly all the inlets of Rhode Island. Of late years, black fish have increased in numbers, notwithstanding the numbers caught to supply the Boston and New York markets. The upper end of Long Island is a famous place to catch them. Their feeding ground is generally on rocky bottoms, and reefs, though they are caught in other places. It is a singular fact that those found close in on rocky reefs are shorter or more chubby, and of a darker color, than those that sport in the running tide. The color is a deep bluish black on the back and sides, with light belly. The usual size of the black fish varies from one to three pounds, though larger ones have been caught. Eight and ten pounders are reported to have been taken in Rhode Island.

Date: September 02, 2010 02:31PM

Mike, if you come down I'll actaully go fishing with you. This way we can both stink and can laugh at each other. Crash here. W can play pool & ping pong in my shop, no beer pong, lol. I hope you can come down, that would be great,. I really want to do one up by you as well, but only at your shop

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2010 02:44PM

Here (Delaware / Maryland) 'tog fishing is done in the inlets as well as from a boat. Smallish pieces of clam or sand fleas with fast tip rods that have decent backbone because these fish pick up the bait quickly and dive for the rocks lining the inlets. Those 8' and/or 9' rods might be just the ticket

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2010 09:40PM

Darn it all...love to road trip but it aint gonna work, nephews are up......it may take 3 years to clean the shop for a decent gathering...lol

MJ

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Peter G. Douma (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 04, 2010 05:15PM

I'd like to go, but i'll see how my schedule is

Date: September 04, 2010 06:25PM

Peter, e-mail me. I'm up to 18 with several maybes. I'll hold a spot for you, just let me know abotu how long it's going to take you to figure out when you can commit. I will add you to the contact list for the gatheirng, and I will send out info like the program, topis, etc - so you can see it's going to be a great time and informative, and you can clear your schedule, lol.

Date: September 04, 2010 06:58PM

up to 20 now. closing the 2nd, openng the 3rd. great rsponse, I xpected nothing less

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster