I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bowling rod ??????
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 02, 2010 07:25PM

I am going to build a lite spinning rod as a gift for a guy who was the champion bowler in the special olympics.

Does any one have any ideas to tie the two together? I`m going to try to find a bowling pin / ball decals, but would like to do an inlay of a minature bowling pin in the fore grip. I don`t know where to buy minatures.

Thanks for any help and other ideas,

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bowling rod ??????
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.yousq.net)
Date: August 02, 2010 07:48PM

You could make the reel seat out of old acrylic bowling balls.

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2010 11:03PM

On split grips I find that a butt grip shaped kinda like a bowling pin is very comfortable...
[www.rodbuilding.org]

With expanding foam and some pigments you could easily make it look just like a bowling pin.
Do a similar shape at the reel seat and number the pins 7 & 10 for a real split grip :)

Riley Rods in the sponsor list could fix you up with the expanding foam materials
I know Mudhole amongst others will have the pigments.
Mudhole also has some eva balls that could be turned into a bowling ball kinda thingy too.

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 03, 2010 12:46AM

Foam core / composite bowling pins for each end of a split grip would be awesome! James's EVA "bowling balls" from Mudhole as a butt cap and foregrip. Why don't I ever get these projects?

Bill, if you're not into composites and not in a big hurry I'll donate the bowling pins since it's a good cause. Just pay shipping. Email me if interested.

Steve

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 03, 2010 01:42AM

I see key chains all the time with footballs, baseballs, etc.. the little bobbles can be used for different
things.

I crosswrap with 3 red crosses inside boxes comes to mind.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.cpe.netcabo.pt)
Date: August 03, 2010 07:04AM

Bill, i am not familiarized with bowling but i think that you have many things to put on this rod.
The grip in pin shape as already suggested seams a great ideas and you can make it in wood like the bowling floor.
I think its usual in bowling teams use jerseys with a really nice kind off true type font that you can use on the graphics.
Use the colours that client use in is jersey or the bowling ball colour.
If i remember something else i will suggest to you.
Abraço

Nuno

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: August 03, 2010 09:03AM

I will chip in a Special Holographic Label. I will send you several options as a proof for edit later in the day.

Later in this day -

Lost and Found at the turn of the century in the World of Lost Photo.

Click on: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 05:32PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 03, 2010 08:12PM

My goodness, You guys can really think out of the box!! I also recieved a couple of e-mail ideas.

Bill Stevens, Thank-you for the decal. I think it is great the way you have it posted.

All others, I will incorporate a few of the ideas. I never had a clue it was going to be this much fun.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 04, 2010 08:21AM

A small key chain - bolling pin - may be able to be inserted into the handle Like a fly .

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 12:05PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Matt Nicoletti (---.dsl.mrdnct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 05, 2010 03:25PM

White under wraps with two red trim bands for the guides symbolizing bowling pins. A butt wrap with X's for strikes. And I like the bowling pin shaped foregrip idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster