I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dial Timer for Dryer
Posted by: Walt Davenport (63.97.59.---)
Date: March 30, 2010 08:46PM

I'm trying to find a dial timer for a drum dryer; it needs to be an inline type and I wouyld like to be able to set it for 3 hrs or so. I know I saw something similar a few years ago on a flex coat dryer buit can't find what I'm looking for through any online search querries.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dial Timer for Dryer
Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:06PM

Walt, what is an inline timer, is it hardwired into the dryer, or does it plug in like a timer you would use on your lights?

Posted by: Walt Davenport (63.97.59.---)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:14PM

a plug in timer, not hardwired; although if I can find one I like that has to be hardwired it would be easy enough to make a box for it on the dryer.

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:21PM

Check out the e-mail I just sent you
Ron

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:25PM

Walt, I have been using an inexpensive digital timer from Home depot or walmart. I unplug it when I don't need it, so when I plug it back in it's 12am if I want the rod to spin for 3 hrs I set the on time for 12:01 am and the off time for 3:01am. it's been working pretty well

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:44PM

Well I finally figured out how to post a picture, my dryer is under miscellaneous

Posted by: John Anderson (---.ingram.tx.cebridge.net)
Date: March 30, 2010 09:44PM

[www.acehardware.com]

A 24 hour mechanical plug in timer is what I have used for many years on dryer motors and drying machines. Cannot beat it for simplicity and ease of operation. There are digital 24 hour timers too but don't know anything about them. I started using a mechanical plug in timer before digital was invented.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2010 01:42AM

Walt,
This will work for you very well.
[www.grainger.com]

With the 12 hour setting, it will take care of all of your drying needs.
If you want a shorter time, simply set the time to a lower number.

Or, you can look on the same page in the catalog for other timers ranging from 5 minutes up to several hours.

In use, simply mount the timer into a double duplex electric box. Wire a line cord into the box and connect the timer. On the other side of the box, install a duplex outlet and connect the outlet box to the timer and line cord. One side of the box goes to one side of the timer and the other side of the duplex outlet goes to the line that has not been interrupted by the timer. Now you have a free standing timer. Simply plug your dryer into the outlet box and you are good to go. Wind up the timer to the time that you want the dryer to run and let it go.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Lynn Williams (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2010 10:12AM

Walt,

I purchase my 12 hour timer from Lowes, but you can fine them at any home improvement center.
Here is a photo of my home made dryer with the timer [www.rodbuilding.org]

Lynn Williams

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2010 12:37PM

Or,
[www.lowes.com]

Roger

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 31, 2010 07:01PM

Thanks for all the replies, The one from Lowes or the ones that Roger noted and what Ron sent me are exactly what I was looking for; I've got no problem making a box for it to fit on my dryer and hardwire.

Thanks again!

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 12:35AM by Walt Davenport.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster