I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Glass crank bait rod
Posted by: Scott Melancon (---.cctechnol.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 05:26PM

Alright guys. I am at it again and sorry for all the rod suggestion questions. This time I am looking for a glass 7'6" crank bait rod mainly used for throwing deep diving crank baits. I did a little search on the board and the Seeker BS706 seems to be a popular choice and I assume that I could extend it??? I am looking for other suggestions but it does not sound like anything other than glass will be considered. As always, I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Glass crank bait rod
Posted by: Bob Ottowa (---.vgs.untd.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 05:52PM

Scott, checkout Schneiders Rod Shop(sponser on left) look under 2007 Baton Forecast Blanks,, has some fiberglass blanks listed
Bob

Posted by: justin keithley (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 06:07PM

don't overlook the lamiglas all-fiberglass blanks. they make a great stick as well if you can get your hands on one.

Regards,
-Justin

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 07:00PM

That BS706 from Seeker is really a nice blank. All S-glass @ 3.1oz, I think the actual length of the rod is 7'2, but I could be wrong about that. I sold the 9 blanks I took home from the HP Show already.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 07:33PM

I think the Seeker is best with cranks 12 ft or shallower. The Lamiglas MB 90 1F is the blank used by Skeet Reese as a long cast crankbait rod, the SR 765 R.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 08:00PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:40PM

Take a look at the Phenix composite blanks if you can get away with a glass blend. They are a very nice option and fish much like a full glass rod, but without the same weight. And because they are blends, they have a thinner butt and don't require the use of larger size 17 seats. If you're set on glass, I've been real happy with my Lamis and they've sold well, but they are pretty heavy when built out.

Posted by: Richard Forhan (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:28AM

Scott, you're in luck - the Seeker blank -Bass Spinning 706 in S-glass comes in a 7 1/2 ft. length as well. I'm sending 6 of my 706 blanks to a certain famous rod builder to build for an Elite angler - with eyes up. What's the world coming too?

I gave this blank its start a long time ago - by asking Seeker to build the BS706 in S-glass not E-glass - for this Elite angler - they complied and the rest is history. I no longer build rods for sale - even for my best friend - thanks Bill - for helping me out.

This blank is not the best tight line moving lure blank for all anglers (beginners to experts) - but for Elite Pro's - nothing else is at its' level.

Date: March 23, 2010 10:13AM

Richard,
Are you talking about the BS756? The build will not be for a "Elite Pro" but it is for a avid tournament angler who has only used glass crank bait rods and will not use anything else.

I appreciate all the information and advice and now I guess I have a decision to make.

Thanks,
Scott

Date: March 23, 2010 10:18AM

Spencer Phipps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Seeker is best with cranks 12 ft or
> shallower. The Lamiglas MB 90 1F is the blank used
> by Skeet Reese as a long cast crankbait rod, the
> SR 765 R.

Spencer,
I do not see the MB 90?? I looked on the Lami site and also mudhole.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 10:50AM

Scott -- When you go to the Mudhole web-site - click on blanks and then to Lamiglas. Then click on Lamiglas Bass blanks and then scroll down to the Skeet Reese series.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Date: March 23, 2010 10:55AM

Bob McKamey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scott -- When you go to the Mudhole web-site -
> click on blanks and then to Lamiglas. Then click
> on Lamiglas Bass blanks and then scroll down to
> the Skeet Reese series.

Thanks Bob.

Date: March 23, 2010 01:12PM

Alright, it looks like I will be going with either the Lamiglas MB 90 1F or the Seeker SBS756. Does anyone know the weight of the 756? Also, the Lami comes in gloss honey finish. How do you think a purple wrap with gold trim would look?

Thanks,
scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster