I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

no topic just rod building passion
Posted by: fred krebser (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2010 01:33PM

Ever since i was a kid i have a passion for fishing.remembering when Mom droping me off at the local park or pier to fish all day and pick me up at the end of the day. In my teens friends and others my age thouht i was strange rushing after school to the local park lake on my bike missing the partys<drugs Etc. tryied bringing them along,them thinking it was boring not interested in it i thought they were crazy even when i would not catch a dang thing when i brought somebody.the first time i had seen a custom rod builder at bait and tackle store doing his thing i thouhgt it was the coolest thing i had ever seen 30 years ago. as i grew older drugs and achohol started to take over my life at a young age but never losing that pasion for fishing and the the technology of gear we use. I would even go to tackle shops just to look at rods and reels knowing i couldnt buy a damn thing.Now being clean and sober for many years,39 years old now, needed something theraputic from every day stresses took up rod building when i spoted the hand wrapper at a shop and bought my first kit and off i went. my very first rod i thought turned out better than i ever could imagine. there was no feeling like building something with my own hands and catch big fish with something i had made. Now i am a rod building junky L.O.L. my bigest fish is a 81pound wahoo on a light kingfish rod with 20 pound test. 10 pound bass on a G Loomis with 6pound test. this hobby has helped me stay clean and sober in tough times! I WANT TO THANK ROD BUILDING .ORG AND ALL THE PEOPLE SHARING THERE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR PASSION. WETHER IT BE HOBBY OR A PROFESION THANK YOU ALL. AND THANKS FOR READING ABOUT MY PASSION.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no topic just rod building passion
Posted by: Barry Kneller (---.)
Date: March 06, 2010 02:07PM

It got you clean and sober.............but has driven others to drink!

Date: March 06, 2010 02:14PM

L.O.L. its geting just as expensive as my drinking and using was

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2010 04:52PM

Congrats on that.

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (---.static.gci.net)
Date: March 06, 2010 06:19PM

Fred,
Congrats on the Clean & Sober. I tell everyone that fishing & rodbuilding are the best therapy known to me. Fishing certainly kept me from getting into more trouble when I was younger. Now it is something to get me out of the house and away from the ratrace. I had someone come over to pickup a rod today. As we talked I could feel myself getting more excited the more we talked on fishing and Rodbuilding. How far away is Spring?

Kirk

Date: March 06, 2010 07:00PM

when people ask me were im going i say im going to church.when i get back from fishing my girlfriend cant believe how effective it is on me and anxiety. just last week when i finished my loomis rod i was ready to go but she didnt feel like going because of the litle cold snap we had. it was a litle chilly but i knew i could catch some small ones to test it out. the third cast with the rapala slammed me 10 pound bass.my biggest ever and i will never use live bait,to boring.i always cary our camera so i did my best to get the self portrait and headed home. 30 minutes later got home and she said told you it was to cold then showed her the picture an said im in the 10 pound club now woooohoooo @#$%& ya! if i could put that feeling in a bottle or a pill i would be a millionare.

tight lines!

Date: March 07, 2010 11:08AM

thanx Mike and Kirk. ive got so much more to learn. i love this craft!

Posted by: Bill Burkett (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: March 07, 2010 12:40PM

Keep it up Fred, but understand that you now have another addiction. At least it's healthier.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: March 08, 2010 02:55PM

Big wahoo, big bass, and party stuff. Dude, you must live in south florida too:)

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: March 09, 2010 09:44PM

You guest it! Want to move north florida . not really liking south florida. my best fishing was in the gulf but not so much for the bass. The good bass was always on private property. Lived there before Destin FL., Crestview, P.C, party stuff is every were doesnt mater were i go but done with all
that stuff. Just want build rods,fish,and chill. Oh ya got to work. work @#$%&! pursuing to work in the fishing industry.that would be the best.

West palm beach@#$%&!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster