I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

My First ICRBE Experience
Posted by: Patrick Lewis (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2010 05:31PM

Let me introduce myself. My name is Patrick Lewis. I've been building rods now for about three years under the guidance of Jim Gamble. I was to accompany him to the show this year but due to some Delta problems, Jim wasn't able to make it.

I had a great time at the expo! I learned a wealth of knowledge in those two days. Some of you may have seen me running around with my big green backpack and a big Canon camera. Well, I documented my experience on my new blog and wanted to share it with everyone. Please check it out at www.teamwayfar.com

patrick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My First ICRBE Experience
Posted by: Richard Glabach (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2010 07:58PM

Hi Patrick. I enjoyed your blog and thought it very well done.

Regards,
Rick

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2010 08:31PM

Patrick,

Thank you so much for taking these wonderful photo's and sharing them with everyone. I wanted to do this very thing, but it was impossible for me. If you don't mind I would really like to put some of them on our website, giving you full credit of course.

I wanted to visit with vendors and take photos at each booth, at least that is what I had planned—so much for best laid plans! We are so glad that you got to come and experience it first hand along with the rest of us.

Hope to see you next year! Love the website, it looks great.

Silvia Davis

Posted by: Jon Bial (209.34.156.---)
Date: February 25, 2010 10:34PM

nice blog Patrick! Great photos too.

Posted by: Jon Bial (209.34.156.---)
Date: February 25, 2010 10:34PM

nice blog Patrick! Great photos too.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.191.---)
Date: February 26, 2010 12:16AM

Patrick, your website is awesome! Great blog! I registered so I can keep up with your fishing success. It was a pleasure to meet you there, there are many vendors who would like to see the expo as you did but just not possible for them to. I'm glad you came to the expo, I wish Jim could have made it, for this time he could have enjoyed it without working both days of it. You picked a good mentor with him, he definitely knows the rod building business and has always helped me when I called upon him. You took some really nice pics, most of them were booths I didn't get to see. I knew your were going to have some nice pics with that large camera you had around your neck, good thing you had the large backpack to offset it.

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: Patrick Lewis (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2010 10:31AM

Thanks for looking everyone! Check back often as I'm constantly adding to the site.

Silvia, I sent you an e-mail. Did you receive it?

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2010 10:39AM

Patrick,

I most certainly did, thank you. I am sorry we didn't get to discuss the DIAMOND II finish. I am always happy to take your call anytime! You can also email me and I will get back with you quickly if you need anything. In fact, expect an email soon, because I wanted to go over something with you.

Silvia Davis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster