I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodDancer Booth At ICRBE
Posted by: Mike Thompson (67.239.191.---)
Date: February 15, 2010 12:32AM

I want to welcome everyone attending the expo to stop by the RodDancer booth and check out all the fine products we will have to offer this year.
It's always good to see old friends and meet new ones. The Threadmaster finishes and Ultimate Gels are still increasing in popularity as they truly are second to none. We have a great selection of the original Exotic cork rings like Laguna, Burnt and Copano. With RodDancer aquiring FishHawk threads we would like to thank everyone that has used it and invite those who haven't to give them a try. The Metallic's are absolutely the finest you will wrap with. There will be an extensive supply in the Fishsticks booth, do yourself a favor, if you have been struggling with thread give these a try, you wont be dissapointed.
The great American race was held today, but the sequel may be opening day saturday with many rod wrappers racing to the Fishstick booth for trash can blanks, heavily discounted items and a new Verigated thread from FishHawk that will debut this weekend.

This thread is AWSOME! I will have on display all 25 shades of bright vibrant colors with color breaks every inch. I can't wait to see what Billy V. and the NERBS will do with this thread.

I have just posted some pics of the thread wraps.

The countdowns on. The green flag will drop in 5 days.

See you there.

Mike Thompson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 01:09AM by Mike Thompson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodDancer Booth At ICRBE
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 07:59AM

Can’t speak for the variegated threads; but hands down FishHawk threads have been the easiest for me to use. Lays down better with less trying to lap back over itself, packs well. Wrapping Micro guides is easier with the FishHawk.

The metallics are without question the best I've used!
Hardly ever have the problems that used to plague me so much with the other brands, of the metal over thread snapping, or unraveling.

Combined I literally have hundreds of spools of Gudebrod, Pack bay, Rice, and a few other brands of threads lying around and for the most part (unless I need a color I don’t have in FishHawk ) they sit around the shop collecting dust.

Date: February 15, 2010 08:18AM

I know exactly what you mean Steve, I have alot of other threads that wont get a second thought now that I have found FishHawh. Those inferior metallics used to drive me crazy trying to get a good wrap. Now no more problems unraveling and knotting, things are much easier, and I need all the help I can get.

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: George Forster (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 08:31AM

Is it just me...? I can't open any of the pages on the Fishhawk link to the left.

Posted by: Tony Wilson (---.cinci.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 09:22AM

I can't open the webpage either, but I did check out Mike's posts in the photo section. I really like how the variegated threads look.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2010 09:43AM

The Fishhawk link is working fine. Any problem with any pages there would be on that end.

Posted by: Terry Morrell (---.dsl.wch2ks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 09:57AM

I'm with you Tony, I tried to open the pages on the Fishhawk website and all I got was " Page Not Found "

Posted by: Scott Parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 10:47AM

The FishHawk site is experiencing technical difficulties and we should have them fixed shortly.
Scott Parsons

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 12:10PM

Mike, is this a nylon or NCP, and what size A, B, C, D? Are those wraps with CP, or without? The REd/Burgandy & Blues - I've already wrapped a couple of rods in my head with them. I hope they are Nylon.

Date: February 15, 2010 01:02PM

Billy Vivona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike, is this a nylon or NCP, and what size A, B,
> C, D? Are those wraps with CP, or without? The
> REd/Burgandy & Blues - I've already wrapped a
> couple of rods in my head with them. I hope they
> are Nylon.

Billy,

This thread line is a 2 ply polyester, size A . And the wraps I've done have been with ChromaSeal color preserver and ThreadMaster High Build.

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 02:31PM

the variegated thread is very nice in the right application. i was able to get my hands on some and really like it. i will have one rod at the show wrapped in it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster