I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Clarification on Genuine Diamond II Epoxy
Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 04:59PM

It is unfortunate that in today’s business world many dealers who do not have access to a certain product often tell their customers that they choose not to carry it for one reason or another, or that it is somehow inferior or defective.

To clear up some confusion about genuine Diamond II epoxy, I would like to state that at this point in time Diamond II has only been offered to two dealers, Bingham Enterprises and Swampland Tackle. Both quickly agreed to add it to their product offerings. Others may be added at a later date, but for now these are the only dealers that have been offered genuine Diamond II.

Several other companies have requested acess to genuine Diamond II. One of them has spread a rumor that they decided not to sell it because they felt our product was inferior. The truth of the matter is, they desperately wanted it but we turned THEM down.

Any firm that tells you they turned down the opportunity or chose not to sell Diamond II, for any reason whatsoever, is making a false statement.

Silvia Davis
Bullard International

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 05:23PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clarification on Genuine Diamond II Epoxy
Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 06:37PM

Hang in there Silvia you have a wonderful product and i will stick with you and your proc\duct
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 06:48PM

While it is common practice to advertise that one's product is "better" than the rest, it is bad taste to single out a competitor or talk
bad their product or products.

I would not use a product by a Co. that did that no matter how good their product is.

My 2cents

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Vella (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 08:56AM

Why would you deny a customer from buying it in the first place? Especially one that desperately wanted it

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2010 10:47AM

"Any firm that tells you they turned down the opportunity or chose not to sell Diamond II, for any reason whatsoever, is making a false statement."

Read the statement again - it seems to refer to "firms" not individual rod builders.

Many manufacturers set a limit on how many dealers they wish to service. This is often good business sense because it keeps the pie from being cut into so many pieces that nobody makes any money on the product. Having more dealers does not necessarily create more total sales - it just spreads the finite sales total among more dealers.

Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 11:20AM

Our customers mean everything to us—the rod builder, whether a hobbyist or a professional, is who I am looking out for. It was always Gene’s philosophy that if a company who represents his product will mistreat him they most likely will also mistreat or not serve the customer.

Bill, you and every rod builder are my priority and my intention is to serve you well. This company was built on pride, honesty and integrity, and that will never change.

I do want to say that I thank all those who expressed kind words here and the many emails I have received. It seems I am not alone with this one problematic company. Aside from this one issue I have had such a warm welcome from all those who sell in this industry and from my competitors as well. It is so nice to see this is an isolated incident.

The sport of fishing is one of good fun to be shared with friends and family. The art of custom rod building is a prideful one—many times passed down generation to generation. I spoke to a customer for over an hour and a half yesterday. His father and grandfather both were rod builders and he and his brother now carry on this family craft and tradition. He now seems more like a friend than a customer. This is how Gene did business and it is how I will always do business. The day I am no longer able to, I will stop.

Please know that I am so thankful to all of you who have worked so hard to keep pride, honesty and integrity alive in this business. If I can be of help to anyone please don’t hesitate to contact me.

BullardIntlD2@aol.com

Silvia Davis

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 01:55PM

Silvia,
I just recieved a samplepack of Diamond II from the boys at Swampland, courtesy of them and you. I want to thank you, as well as Lance and Bill.

I have a couple small businesses. An art gallery/custom frame shop, a small soy candle company, (my wife is the main person here), as well as a small lure company. I sell my own product, as well as rep for, and distribute product for some manufacturers. we are building rods, selling a few, but building and fishing with our own rods are our main priority.

I complement you on the way you do business. There is nothing wrong with your sales plan at all. A good company needs good retailers, this arrangement makes for good bisiness practices. This is no haphazard business plan. It is the best way to do business. The retail customer gets a great service, and can co-mingle your products with other products that supplier carries.
Keep up the good work. Sponsors like yourself keep this forum going. you also keep the custom rod building industry at its best.

and yes, you now have another customer!
Thanks for all you do!

Kyle Robinson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster