I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Utmost Batson fly blanks
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 01:50PM

I took a look at the Batson Close out fly blanks that Utmost has. They are listed as Blems.

Any one have any info on them. The 6'6 2piece 2 wt fly

I ask because I thought they were Dark Blue in color. Theres are a Matte. ?? Are they older ones. E-mailed them no answer.

Thanks

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Utmost Batson fly blanks
Posted by: Ron Asker (---.lew.clearwire-dns.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 01:55PM

Give 'em a call. Carol always answers my emails promptly and picks up the phone when she is there.

Date: January 23, 2010 02:10PM

I think after several posts an a e-mail to Utmost a post to Mick Batson, Tells me some think I think I will stay away from them. seems no one wants to talk about them. ???

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 23, 2010 02:17PM

Huh??? It's Saturday....they aren't open. I'll talk about them, great folks, Carol will always be willing to check stock, see if something is tucked away in an unopened box. Mick will bend over backwards to help you. Now if he'd just look behind him before he backs up.....!!! (That's a private joke, he'll understand!! And the car is fixed as good as new!!) And if ya really want to know about the blanks Bill, and haven't heard by Monday, I'll be happy to stop in and take a look for you!!!

Date: January 23, 2010 02:42PM

Grant:

I have made posts to Mick - no return, yesterday, replyed to two other posts about the Batson fly blanks. I Know the Batson products are all of Very Good Quality.

But it seems that no one wanted to say any thing about the blanks on Utmosts site. Different color, matte and not the dark blue - older ? Close outs

I will get the dark blue finished ones and if I don't like the color I will strip them.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Steve Burdick (---.htchco.dial.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 05:43PM

I bought 6 of them. When they get here say Monday or Tuesday I'll let you know what I think and how they look.

It only costs pennies more to be first class

Posted by: Joshua Dinklage (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 06:50PM

I am pretty sure they are Rainshadow RX7 fly blanks which have been available in Olympic Green, Matte Black, and Matte Clear.

Posted by: Jim Fielding (69.196.211.---)
Date: January 23, 2010 08:39PM

Agree with Joshua. The blue blanks of which you speak are RX6. The blanks Utmost listed are the RX7 - OG, MB, and Matte.

Posted by: John Lubben (---.static.gci.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 09:09PM

I love Carol over there at Utmost. She's been great to me and always super nice. Heck it's great to chat with her as well. And the service I get from them is great as well. Everyone I have dealt with on this board or sponsor here has been fine to deal with. never a complaint here!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 01:41AM

Making unfounded assumptions about why some one does not answer an email is speculation and nothing more. get an answer don't speculate on a public forum!.
Batson is a first class outfit ans should be given the benefit of the doubt!!!

Posted by: dave anderson (208.181.51.---)
Date: January 24, 2010 01:51AM

Karry Batson will answer any question you throw at him and then some> I have a few older Rainshadow - Foremost in both the green and matte as well as black gloss - you can see they have backbone and one thing is they don't have as much spine or soft side as the high priced Loomis stuff. Compare them to others by lying them out on a flat surface with a bright light in the background and watch for the high/low spot. You want see how much spine each manufacture has that is one way.
But, I can tell you one thing I'm sure they will stand behind their product. Try getting the same service out of GLoomis now since they are under new ownership. Or Sage for that matter.
There is a old saying if you haven't got the line to fish the water find the water to fish the line. Same goes for the rods boys, they only get you a connection to the fish not contact that comes from your confidence which breeds faith in the gear your using and the where the fish lie.

Posted by: Steve Burdick (---.htchco.dial.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 02:29AM

what a bunch of whiners.What really matters is the way they perform. Everything els is pure speculation. But you know I'm kinda new here and I don't know all there is to know but I'm learning just as the pro's learn.....by trying the things everybody else scoffs at.

It only costs pennies more to be first class

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: January 24, 2010 12:39PM

I order several of the blanks on Friday. I actually called late Thursday after they closed and left a message. I called back Friday morning and Carol did say that they had been swamped with calls and messages and they were trying to get caught up. My order was already pulled and getting ready for shipping. Carol did say I had 2 hours if i still wanted to add something. She did also confirm that the blanks were RX-7 which is what I had thought by simply looking at the modulus number and colors in their catalog. By reading their ad I knew exactly what I was getting an RX7 blem. I know I'm guilty of not always getting back to customers E mails and phone calls quickly so I usually cut people some slack.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 11:02PM

I got three four piece RX7 blem blanks from utmost yesterday. After a thorough inspection heres what I can say. The colors.....(all green) nothing at all wrong...perfect. They all seem to be pefectly srtaight. The only thing I can find wrong is that the male farule ends in two of the three rods are missing end plugs (no problem whatsoever). So three fly rod blanks all in perfectly fine shape.
Ya cant beat em for $25 a piece. I would definately buy more. Great bargain.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: January 26, 2010 11:03AM

Mine came in yesterday. Out of the four I ordered only one had a noticeable slight bend. but still usable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster