I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 02:59PM

Anyone going to the Chicao gathering next Saturday (Dec 12th)

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.yousq.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 03:22PM

Mike I plan on being there.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 04:26PM

Where and what time?

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Date: December 06, 2009 05:30PM

E-mail Dan Masauskas at dmakauskas@gmail.com If you can't get hold of him, get hold of me and I will get the info to you mbarkley@wowway.com

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 08:15PM

What kind of gathering? And is anybody welcome? I am from the chicago area, new to rod building, and looking for anything that might be a good introduction to the hobby.

Date: December 06, 2009 09:44PM

Larry,

It's a bunch of rodbuilders getting together to exchange ideas, info, tips, tricks, etc. As a new builder, it would be beneficial and hook you up with some good builders in your area..

Your e-mail is hidden so shoot me an e-mail at mbarkley@wowway.com and I'll fill you in

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 11:18PM

I plan to be there also. All depends on how I feel for my shoulder surgery Tuesday. Already got a ride lined up with Jim Fowler. Now, I just hope I feel good enough to go.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 07:38AM

Jim, The best therapy is a day with the boys talking rod building. A few cold ones and the pain is gone. You already have a driver.. Best wishes on the surgery and a speedy recovery.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.176.42.254.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 08:19AM

As far as I know I will be there as well. Will be fun seeing some good friends and meeting some new ones.

Posted by: sam fox (208.74.247.---)
Date: December 07, 2009 10:59AM

Mike, I would like to make it but unfortunately it falls on the first day of the late deer season.

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2009 08:39PM

Larry Damore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of gathering? And is anybody welcome? I
> am from the chicago area, new to rod building, and
> looking for anything that might be a good
> introduction to the hobby.

Sounds great Mike. I'll shoot you an email !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster