I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MHX- Crankbait Blanks in 7'6" and 8' Lengths
Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 01:49PM

Mud Hole Custom Tackle is very proud to introduce this series of crank bait blanks that have been designed specifically for long distance, deep diving cranks. This series are not blanks that have been designed for another application and is just crossing over to be used elsewhere. These are application specific models developed for Crank Baits.........

CB903-Blend 7'6" 1pc. 8-15 lb. 1.7 oz.
CB905-Blend 7'6" 1pc. 10-20 lb. 1.9 oz.
CB907-Blend 7'6" 1pc. 12-25 lb. 2.3 oz.
CB965-Blend 8'0" 1pc. 10-20 lb. 2.3 oz.
CB967-Blend 8'0" 1pc. 12-25 lb. 2.5 oz.

[www.mudhole.com]

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 05:43PM by Todd Vivian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MHX- Crankbait Blanks in 7'6" and 8' Lengths
Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 02:28PM

Todd, why fast action?

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 03:05PM

Chuck -- Thanks for bringing that to our attention. That is a mistake on the web-site. They should indicate as being mod-fast. Todd was tied up and I just happen to see your post. Also, for those building Inshore Rods, these will serve those purposes as well.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 03:38PM

"Blend" - multimodulus or glass/graphite blend? If so, glass tips, etc?

-----------------
AD

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 03:41PM

Blend = Multi-modulus carbon/graphite materials used. By using the "Blend" of various graphite materials in these blank models, allows us the ability to offer a product that provides a unique flex for the technique specific application.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 04:45PM by Bob McKamey.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 04:21PM

Thx Bob!

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:51AM

I suggest you try them in an apples to apples, side by side comparison. They are certainly inexpensive enough, and so far my clients and I have been VERY impressed with the results.
If you make rods just for yourself or for a few friends and family, you can build a high-performance rod on a high quality blank that won't require refinancing your house. And if you build to sell, the MHX at wholesale pricing allows you to offer your client a high quality blank with a lifetime, transferable warranty at a very attractive price point.
There are several quality blanks out there at good prices, with Batson Rainshadow and Castaway being among them. The thing I like about Mudhole MHX blanks is that these blanks are being offered to builders and will NOT be also offered as finished rods; the lifetime warranty (the client registers the serial number of the blank online); and the fact that these blanks are not copies of other blanks already out there.
I will be picking up a few more tomorrow...it's been 5 days since I bought my last ones!

Re: MHX- Crankbait Blanks in 7\'6\" and 8\' Lengths
Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 08:56AM

The Batson Rainshadow line is a known commodity that has stood the test of time. VERY good blanks.

The Mud Hole MHX line seems to be an equally good line at least in the early stages. Only time can tell how they will compare to the Rainshadow line.

Posted by: Gregg Austin (---.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 10:58AM

Peter Sprague Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Batson Rainshadow line is a known commodity
> that has stood the test of time. VERY good blanks.
>

Couldn’t agree more as I have built many of rods out of the Rainshadow Line and they perform under the most extreme conditions. It’s hard for me to switch to another blank but the MHX blanks look to be another fine option.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 07:20PM

Todd :
I myself love the batson line of products. But even the cheapest unsanded blanks that you guys have - as I need some scrap - a little sanding and clear coat, made some nice rods that I can give the savings on to my customers.

What i have read here on your new line of blanks --- I think you got a winning brand for bassers and any one else. I am not into one piece 7-8 foot rods. But whatever they like, I'll build.

keep up the good work !!!!

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.173.17.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 09:01PM

If these are anything like the CB845, these will be some awesome blanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster