I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC Updates
Posted by: Jon Bial (209.34.157.---)
Date: December 02, 2009 07:47PM

Just wanted to extend a quick apology for letting the blog get behind over the holiday and put in a quick shameless plug to come back and visit.

[northforkcomposites.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2009 07:48PM by Jon Bial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC Updates
Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 02, 2009 11:44PM

Jon,
I have a blank suggestion. I would have emailed you, but your email is hidden on here. I would like to see you guys build something similar to the Loomis BCR893 Senko rod. It's my favorite OTC rod and the rod that I get the most request to build something similar. It has as light tip, but is very powerful. I've bought a bunch of blanks looking for something similar. My guess is it's a Bounce Back rod cut down to 7'5", but I've not found a match yet.

Robert

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: December 03, 2009 12:10AM

Robert -

Glad you posted that. I've actually got a guy I'm going through blanks with right now looking for the same thing. He's going to use for finesse jigs (not senkos), but wants a very light tip with plenty of backbone.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Jon Bial (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2009 01:42AM

Any chance you guys have the CCS numbers on that one?

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: December 03, 2009 08:44AM

Very light tip, plenty of backbone, around 7'6" = HS9000.

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 03, 2009 10:53AM

Jon Bial Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance you guys have the CCS numbers on that
> one?

I've been trying to buy one at my local Cabela's to run the numbers, but they are always out of stock. They tell me it's their most popular Loomis rod. I'll keep trying to find one.

Jim Gamble Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very light tip, plenty of backbone, around 7'6" =
> HS9000.

Think HS9000 on steroids, not as soft in the tip and much much more powerful. Thanks why I think back bounce blank, but I haven't found one that matches.

Posted by: Jon Bial (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 02:39AM

We have a model similar to the HSR 9000 (and 900) coming out shortly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster