I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Expo Flights
Posted by: Chris Garrity (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:13PM

If you're on the fence about going to the Expo, you should take a look at airline prices now. I was on the fence, too, but I just booked a non-stop USAir flight from Philadelphia to GSO for $135, including taxes. It's not going to get any cheaper than this -- I'd probably pay more for gas driving -- so if you've wanted to go, but didn't want to pay a lot for air fare, then you should search for flights now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Expo Flights
Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.ssa.gov)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:31PM

So ....... how will you get your blanks and goodies back .......... THat's the reason I usually drive ...........

BTW ......... I'm driving from Balto if somebody wants to share a ride ........ or I can ride with someone if there is an opening.

Posted by: Richard Glabach (158.72.186.---)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:47PM

Richard,

how long a drive is it? I live in Damascus MD and am tempted...

Rick

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:48PM

I have a UPS shipper on the floor each year that can pack and ship your items if you're flying in. I believe there will be one there this year as well.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2009 03:25PM

Or if you make your purchases from Mud Hole we will ship your product to you the Monday following the show. Just place the order get great pricing and leave the rest to us.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.ssa.gov)
Date: December 01, 2009 04:13PM

I think it's about 6 hrs ......... easy drive ..... all highway .......... rooms are cheap (especially if you share a room) ......... you see more demos, more supplies, meet more rod builders, learn more techniques than you will in any 5 years of building ........ besides that it's good fun ......... oh and did I mention the deals you won't find elsewhere ........... I went determined not to buy anything else and ......... well let's just say that didn't happen .........

Around Balto/Wash you have little opportunity to actually touch supplies before you order them so you're ordering based on your experience or someone's recommendation. So many times you buy a pig in a poke and hope because return shipping makes it hard to return. The main thing about the show for me is that you get to actually compare all the blanks and supplies you can imagine to get a better idea of exactly what the product is .......... it's saved me a ton of time and money.

When you tempted enough let me know and we'll share a ride ...........

BTW ...... there's another good rodbuilder in Damascas ....... Steve F ....... do you know him?

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 07:38PM

May be driving from Oklahoma. Anyone heading from that direction?

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 10:10PM

I'm coming from Nacogdoches, Texas. I'll be happy to split all costs with you.
Rusty Byrley
behappi42001@sbcglobal.net

Posted by: Gary Henderson (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 10:19PM

Todd Vivian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or if you make your purchases from Mud Hole we
> will ship your product to you the Monday following
> the show. Just place the order get great pricing
> and leave the rest to us.
>
> Todd

In the case of Mudhole, I will just have you hold them in the warehouse and I'll swing by and pick them up.
Thanks for the help yesterday Todd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster