I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NJ NERBs Gathering info October 17th
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 12, 2009 01:21AM

Anyone interested in attending e-mail me at xlrods@yahoo.com

Trying to get the ball rolling for this weeks NJ Gathering at Pauls shop in Tabernacle, NJ (address will be sent to those attending). Right now there are a dozen builders signed up, with a few maybes. Here are the topics people are interested in learning about.
- Dec Wraps presentation - see how it’s done from A to Z.
- Dec Grips inlay presentation, which should inspire a couple of guys to give grip inlays a shot on their next rod.
- Placing guides on conventional boat rods – straight and spiral wrap
- Component selection for Tuna jigging rods
- Background info on the Seeker Hercules project which I’ve been working on

We are prepared to cover almost any topic in rodbuilding, it’s a matter of someone wanting to learn more about it. Think it over and let me know.

Food – Burgers and hot dogs as that seemed to work really well last time in NJ. We’ll have breakfast and snacks, as well as a fully stocked fridge with quality beers (lol), soda and water.

Paul has an immaculate shop, laid out perfectly to build rods. HE’s got a REnzeti lathe, Pac Bay lathe, Delta wood lathe, drill press, bandsaw, a nice drying box – definitely will get your gears spinning on how to improve your current workspace, and maybe the push you need to go out and get some new tools or machinery for Xmas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NJ NERBs Gathering info October 17th
Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 13, 2009 03:43PM

For this meeting I will be bringing a bunch of Seeker's line of surf blanks for anyone who wants to see or pull on them.
The list is:
Baby Ulua eastcoast spec 10' This is a Super Seeker and pencil popping king!! S-glass/120 graphite

SSculua93H eastcoast spec 10' heavy version of the Baby. S-glass/120graphite

CSW1008 10' S-glass/graphite plugging blank

CSW908 9' S-glass/graphite plugging blank

SS-CSB907 9' S-glass/120 graphite

CSJ 100 10' E-glass/graphite heavy plugging blank

Also a Truline copy LM-9 Super Seeker all S-glass and a SS-CLBF100 Just in case someone likes it!! These are my personnal blanks that many people have asked about!! Along with Billy's line of SS Hercules jigging blanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster