I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

G-Loomis is no longer selling blanks
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.102.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2009 11:26AM

Mud Hole Custom Tackle learned last week that G-Loomis is no longer going to be selling/shipping blanks to their distributors as of Sept. 28th. Our existing purchase orders sent to G-Loomis will be fulfilled but no more orders for blanks will be accepted. Therefore, Mud Hole Custom Tackle will not be back ordering any G-Loomis blanks that we do not have currently in stock or on order. We have also suspended wholesale pricing on all G-Loomis blanks two allow our retail customers access to these blanks before we get cleaned out.

Unfortunately the end is here sooner rather than later for G-Loomis blanks! Order them today before they are going, going, gone!!
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: G-Loomis is no longer selling blanks
Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: October 04, 2009 11:36AM

Since there is no longer any blank warranty on the Loomis stuff and they are essentially close out blanks now, what sort of discounts will these be carrying?

Posted by: Phil Richmond (82.206.130.---)
Date: October 04, 2009 12:07PM

Even though honestly I've been mostly buying other manufacturer's blanks lately, it still stinks watching the pool of options available shrink!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 04, 2009 12:39PM

No discounts, they are retail priced. N oreason to discount somehting where the demand is high & supply low, basic economics right there.

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: October 04, 2009 12:48PM

The amount of demand remains to be seen. With the advent of North Fork blanks made by people with the last name Loomis, versus ShiLoomis blanks that no longer carry any blank replacement warranty and which you cannot reproduce for a customer if he wants another, the demand may be a lot less than you think. The same thing has happened over the years with the Silflex and Fenwick Boron blanks, GUSA graphite and others. None of those went up in value, they all came down even though they had a large and loyal following.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 04, 2009 12:54PM

G. Loomis, Inc. blanks will continue to carry a warranty, but you are correct in that blanks will not be replaced with blanks. If Loomis determines that your blank broke due to a defect on their part, they will replace it with the closest available finished rod that they offer. I'm sure Loomis or Mud Hole will be happy to provide the specifics for anyone that wants to know.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 04, 2009 01:08PM

I'm not sad about this. You'll still be abel to buy GLOOMIS blanks, just have to get use to the NFC logo. I just wish PENN and LEW'S did the same thing. What ever happend to SKYLINE Graphite rods that were so popular in the early 70's. Who made them, who took them over, who bought thier equiepment?

Date: October 04, 2009 01:21PM

What North Fork is making and selling are not exactly the same as what G. Loomis, Inc., sold. The models and tapers are certainly different so you wouldn't want to think of them as the same blanks with a different name - they're not.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 04, 2009 02:36PM

Tom, If this was a union shop you'd make a great steward.I want better working conditions!

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 04, 2009 03:56PM

Another polarizing thread but the rods I've built with GLoomis blanks are my favoite rods.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: October 04, 2009 05:23PM

Here's the official warranty statement that I received FROM customer service at G Loomis on 7/21/2009.

As of January 1, 2010, G. Loomis will issue customers w/defective blanks the following warranty choice:

1. A credit for the last published retail value of the blank (to be used on any G Loomis item).
2. 50% off the list price of a factory finished rod that is most similar to the warranted blank.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.safepages.com)
Date: October 04, 2009 08:08PM

Will it be possible to buy Shimano blanks which are very similar to the G. Loomis blanks?

Date: October 04, 2009 08:11PM

No. Shimano does not sell rod blanks.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 04, 2009 09:55PM

Why should someone discount that is their last shipment even before it is received and the amount of demand is still unknown? Mudhole will determine if it is "closeout" at some later date, not before they even have them in stock!

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.static.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: October 05, 2009 01:43PM

That credit/50% off list price warranty is no great shakes. They are basically allowing the customer to purchase one replacement rod at their wholesale price.

As to blanks, my understanding that GLX has a graphite that is contractually exclusive to them from a specific manufacturer which is why no other blanks has exactly the GLX graphite. Whether this is an advantage over every other blank is of course debatable.

Mo

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.safepages.com)
Date: October 05, 2009 05:29PM

Tom: I believe it would be more accurate to say that "Shimano does not sell blanks any more." The flat statement "Shimano does not sell rod blanks" is somewhat misleading, for until recently Shimano most certainly did sell G. Loomis rod blanks, and relied heavily upon the "G. Loomis" name and cachet. In fact, we will no longer be able to buy G. Loomis rod blanks manufactured by Shimano, but only G.Loomis rods built by Shimano on blanks manufactured by Shimano. I'm not sure in what nation manufacturing and assembly will take place, but I have my suspicions.

Date: October 05, 2009 05:42PM

I understand what you're saying. However, G. Loomis, Inc. operated as a subsidiary of Shimano and was producing their blanks and rods in their own facility here in the U.S., with different staffs and different operations. That's why I referred to Loomis and Shimano as 2 different companies. That may or may not be the case in the future. I do understand your point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster