I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

aggie rod and eva ring
Posted by: cody delmere (---.dhcp.ftwo.tx.charter.com)
Date: July 23, 2009 03:59PM

hello all, two quick questions to the collective intelligence. i need to build a texas am aggie rod for a friend and wondered if anyone knew offhand the best maroon color? and does anyone know where on the sites to the left i can find those 1/2 in. half round eva rings? i know i have gotten them before, but after navigating around for the last hour, i can't for the life of me find them. i am sure it was either mudhole, fishsticks, or swampland, but i am having no luck. thank you very much.
cody

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aggie rod and eva ring
Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.c002.t7.mrt.starband.net)
Date: July 23, 2009 04:07PM

Man, i can see all sorts of jokes coming. So, I'll start it. I thought the color was moron & white. Way back when, my old, now deceased, fishing buddy (a died in the wool aggie, but I didn't know it at the time) declared he would throw me out of the boat if I told another aggie joke. This was in his honor. I miss him. He told just as many Arkie jokes on me.
Bill

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: July 23, 2009 05:05PM

you may want to get up with bill vivona with the nerbs. he does quite a bit with eva and can probably help you or steer you in the right direction

how many Aggie freshmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

they can't that is a sophomore class.

sorry, i couldn't resist

Date: July 23, 2009 05:54PM

wow good ones guys, keep em coming and i'll write them all down and include them with the rod, but if anyone actually has the answers, they get on top of the list. the eva rings are just little black half round rings, they cant' be as hard to find as i seem to be making it, cause like i said, i have some. just need some more. they are my poor man's(or poorly talented mans) epoxy ramp. snug them up to the reel seat, let dry, and then turn down very easily to make a nice ramp. thanks again

Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: July 23, 2009 06:38PM

Cody,

Sorry I don't have any jokes for you, but I think I found what you are looking for. They're called an "EVA Foregrip Cap." They have two sizes listed. Part #'s are: FGC-6 and FGC-7. [www.mudhole.com]

Hope that's what you need,
jeremy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 06:41PM by Jeremy Wagner.

Posted by: Kyle Jud (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: July 23, 2009 09:47PM

Madiera 1635 is the best Aggie maroon. Gudebrod garnet with no CP works ok too. I'm an Aggie and I've tried em all. Can't go wrong with the 1635.

Date: July 24, 2009 09:43PM

great , thanks a bunch, thats exactly what i was looking for. i think i may even already have that madiera. just wanted the closest match from some aggies who would know best. and thanks jeremy, those also are exactly what i couldn't find, i guess cause they are listen under butt caps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster