I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod for the wife?
Posted by: Mike Birkoski (93.91.197.---)
Date: July 22, 2009 01:43PM

Hey guys having a little trouble finding a blank for the wife. She likes to throw spinnerbaits and fish a worm but doesnt want multiple rods as I already have enough to support both of us. Is there a blank out there that is fairly short as she is only 5 foot with shoes on that will fit both applications. It needs alittle tip action but still enough backbone to set the hook while worm fishing. Thanks in advance guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod for the wife?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: July 22, 2009 02:33PM

I'd look at the St Croix 3C60MF or 66MF. Batson IC 722 or 723, some of the Batson suppliers to the left can nail done the right one of those depending on your circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 02:38PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Dan Green (66.238.168.---)
Date: July 22, 2009 03:48PM

Honestly, Check out the Mudhole CRB series. They have girly colors(pink and purple) and are an excellent blank for the $$. I built up a Pink one for my wife (she's 5'2") in the 6' size. She loves it to death. She uses it with everything. We fish for Lg mouth bass. She throws unweighted plastics with her superline ABU spincast reel. I even threw it and was impressed with the feel and sensitivity of it......just saying, check em out...

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 22, 2009 04:58PM

That is a good choice. i have read a lot about how people like them. --- And the price is right.

talk to Todd

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 04:59PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 22, 2009 05:08PM

Dan,
I built one for my wife on the 7' purple and she loves it as well.
I marbled white over the blank between the rear grips and she put enough glitter on it to shame just about any gentlemen's club. But she likes it.

Posted by: Chris Beverley (---.infinity.net.au)
Date: July 22, 2009 05:24PM

I built up a Mudhole light spin (6 footer) in pink for my daughter. It is such a well balanced little rod that I find myself using it when she is not there. I get a few funny looks from passers by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:24PM by Chris Beverley.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: July 22, 2009 05:51PM

Mike ; Take a look at the IS601M from Mudhole 's Custom Builder Series. Get it in her favorite color and shorten it a little. I have built on a bunch of these blanks and for the money they are top notch blanks. Light as a feather and straight as an arrow. And the ladies love them !

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: July 23, 2009 05:49AM

chris beverly, i am glad im not the only one that does that. I built a pink mudhole CRB for my daughter and it has become the "lucky" rod on the boat. Cant explain it, but it always seems to bring in the big one. My daughter does get rather agitated when she finds out i used her rod and didn't take her with me.

Posted by: Dan Green (66.238.168.---)
Date: July 23, 2009 11:49AM

HA HA HA I've used her rod quite a few times while out fishing by my self. I do get some funny looks I must say. It doesn't bother me though. Its a quality blank, light and strong. Gonna be a busy building season for me this year. Im gonna get a couple of each color for orders I have to fill...........Love em.......

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 23, 2009 11:53AM

Phil Brenner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cant explain it, but it always seems to
> bring in the big one.

The biggest tournament fish we've wighed in this year have come o my wife's "special" rods. But the limit fillers come off of mine.

Posted by: Chris Beverley (---.infinity.net.au)
Date: July 23, 2009 09:34PM

Yes Phil.. I am actually guilty of taking it on purpose for the looks and luck!! It is a cracking little stick. Loaded with Alconites and a nice Matagi componentry handle, it is quite funky! They have a very nice action for a "cheapie".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster