I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Brother label printer from Jann's Netcraft
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: July 10, 2009 11:47PM

Just wondering if anyone has used the Brother label printer from Jann's, and if so did you have much success?

It sure would be a quick and easy way to label a rod!

Thanks,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brother label printer from Jann's Netcraft
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 11, 2009 12:08AM

They just print out text on a tape, I think! Have you considered the "Electric" decal method with an ink jet printer? Awesome results and inexpensive

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: July 11, 2009 06:11AM

Thanks Mike. I have the rodmaker issue with that article. I am not real computer literate, so what's the easiest program to use with that method?

Thanks,
Marc

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 11, 2009 09:18AM

Here are some options for you:

Take a look at the top of this link - Electric Decal Text with Background of Night Lightening

[www.rodbuilding.org]

1. Go to Google and select Images and type in key search words for the background you seek - in this case the search words were "night lightening" and hundreds of images will show up - same for any other images you seek. Select the image and copy to your computer with the save as function.

2. Go to Micro Soft word - open document - select Insert and use the image you saved from above - when it appears on the screen you can size it -

3. Now look at the bottom of the Word screen and select Word Art. You can now type in whatever you want as text and position on the background -

Any other software used to manage images such as Photo Shop, Auto Cad, Paint, Corel Draw or even the free Avery Labeling program can be used. You will have to take the time to sit down and figure out how each of these work.

I presently use Corel Draw X4 which can be purchased on line in the $59 range.

All of these programs will take some time to learn to use - with the available media it is certainly worth the time invested to learn.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 11, 2009 10:58AM

What Bill said! I use Paintshop Pro, but any program that will allow you to manipulate images/text will work

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Gene Rehberg (---.dhcp.eucl.wi.charter.com)
Date: July 11, 2009 05:44PM

Mark, I have the Brother label printer, and think it''s ok...................however I wish they had some script tapes instead of just block letters, they also do not have silver or gold type...it's a good machine other than that.......... Gene

Posted by: Joe Vreeland (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 11, 2009 07:23PM

I have a brother 1950 ,that hooks to my computer usb. It has software that allows you to use any font installed on computer. The only colors I use are white on clear and gold on black . It does basic name and logo for me.

Joe

Posted by: STEVE TOMIYAMA (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 12, 2009 01:52AM

marc morrone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wondering if anyone has used the Brother
> label printer from Jann's, and if so did you have
> much success?
>
> It sure would be a quick and easy way to label a
> rod!
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

i've been using a brother labeler for years (still much better than my hand writting..lol). does an acceptable job on print. search the web, you can get the tape in gold on clear or black and white on clear or black and i've seen red, blue, yellow all on black.

if you are using a black background label hit the edges with a black sharpie. also after applying the label make sure you seal the edges to keep it from curling. i use clear nail polish. super glue would work too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster