I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Striper Blank
Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: June 19, 2009 08:39PM

I just got a call from a good client and he wants me to build his uncle a Striper Trolling Rod. I don't have much info yet since it is supposed to be a gift. He is still probing for information. I would like to hear some recommendations on what power blank to use for this build. He will be fishing KY Lake, Barkley Lake and Lake Cumberland. These lakes are in KY and TN. Just to give you an idea of what this guy could possibly catch on this rod. I think the TN record is 55 lb caught out of Norris Lake and the KY record is 58 lb caught out of Lake Cumberland in KY. The average fish will be 12 to 20 lbs, would be my guess. This guy is using 6 to 6 1/2 ft Wal Mart rods and I must put a stop to that.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Striper Blank
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 19, 2009 09:33PM

If he is doing any live bait fishing, or for that matter pulling crankbaits, Seeker CLB702 or CLB704. The 704 will be more suited if he is targeting the larger fish.

Date: June 19, 2009 09:51PM

Thanks Tom. Here is a couple similar I have in stock,,Al Star CB70H and a ACT III IMB666. Do either one of those sound good ? I can extend the IMB666 if he wants it a little longer.

Date: June 20, 2009 08:44AM

I'm not familiar with any of those so can't really comment. I just know the Seeker model I listed is perfect for this application.

Date: June 20, 2009 11:15AM

Thanks Tom. The specs on the Seeker CLB 704 look great. That will be my first choice at this point. Now to get more information on how the guy fishes.

Date: June 20, 2009 02:27PM

It has a good amount of butt and mid section power, but a much softer tip, extremely fast taper as well.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (68.44.9.---)
Date: June 20, 2009 05:43PM

Batson RCLB 70l or M

Posted by: Ed Grella (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 22, 2009 08:45PM

Also, look at the Seeker BT20. Trim off the butt end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster