I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Apples and IBMs
Posted by: Bruce Robb (---.fai.dsl.dynamic.acsalaska.net)
Date: May 27, 2009 03:17AM

Good news and bad..... mostly bad.

First::
I up graded the Apple computer to operating system 10.5.7 and the only thing that doesn't work is it won't open this site. Tells me Safari can't connect to the server. Same deal with FIrefox. Worked fine before? Is the ONLY site that doesn't open. What's up with that? This is the only essential site I need to open!

Second;
I just bought an IBM so I could use the Visual Wrap software. Have the computer, and the software arrived today. I down loaded the Visual wrap patterns, but don't know where to save them so that the Visualwrap program can open them. Any ideas where to move the file to?

Guess while I am whining I can say that I spend hours on a section of rod and forgot to hit it with color preserver before I hit it with epoxy....

Not a good day to be me!

Pesco Ergo Sum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apples and IBMs
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2009 06:25AM

Bruce, use Safari and have no concerns. It actually blows away Firefox and IE. Try resetting you router and modem if you have them. Reset the cache in safari and give it a try. May also be your ISP as a page or two down you will find a post that relates to this.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 27, 2009 07:42AM

It's not your computer or the Safari browser. It has something to do with your connection through your ISP. You may need to reset your router as Barry mentioned (turn it off and after a half minute, turn it back on). Or your DNS numbers may need replacing.

On the VisualWrap - the Apple will run Windows (it will still be defective and very buggy, but you won't need 2 computers) so you can run VisualWrap on that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 07:44AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: May 27, 2009 08:04AM

Bruce

Man, do I feel your pain. Happended to a couple of us a couple of weeks ago.

The solution was to re-set our Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server numbers. They are probably not the same for all ISP's but I will be happy to send them to you if desired.

Bobby Feazel

[www.shockwaverods.com]

Conventional wisdom will not open the box.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 27, 2009 08:57AM

They're different from ISP to ISP. He'll have to call his ISP and get those from them.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: May 27, 2009 11:35AM

Bruce on the IBM for visual wrap is it a Vista system. If it is you may need to turn off your security center to run the visual wrap soft ware. If you visit visualwrap.com there are forums that address the problem with vista. I turned off the vista security center and my visual wrap works fine.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: May 28, 2009 07:01AM

Hi Bruce,

You can save the files anywhere, but the most logical place to save them is in the Program Files\VisualWRAP\Patterns folder. That is the location that VisualWRAP goes to by default when you use the File Open command. If you choose to save them somewhere else then you can always navigate to that alternative location using the File Open browser.

One note - if you downloaded the zip file of patterns then you will need to unzip (decompress) the file so that the individual pattern files are then available for VisualWRAP to open. VisualWRAP is only able to recognise files of type "vwp".

Cheers
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Posted by: James Reed (---.org)
Date: May 28, 2009 10:37AM

I use opendns with great joy and no heartaches.

Google it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster