I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The Rod Builder's Library URL change is completed
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2009 12:01AM

I mucked up my website the other night and it was DOA until tonight. Sorry for all
of the frustration and headaches.

The URL migration is now completed and I fixed the mess I caused by not waiting
and mucking around while that was is progress. Everything including the Members
sign-up, sign-in, & log-in pages are working fine now as best as I am able to determine.

Thanks again,

BTW, becomming a site Member doesn't grant any special access or site privilages.
Access is the same for all. However, it does allow you to put up a photo and contact
info. if you wish and I can bulk email the members when I have been adding content
or updates. If contact info is posted members can contact other members and comment
on profiles as well.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Rod Builder's Library URL change is completed
Posted by: Thomas E. Stiver (---.sbndin.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2009 08:20PM

Raymond, thanks for this information. I am having great difficulty in getting ANY of the pics to open. There are also troubles with encoding that I am not able to work through. Is it me or...?? What might I be doing wrong if it is me? Also, I cannot get the M/S Word documents to open as they are encoded as well. There is an encoder; however, it does not open these for me. Yes, I'm having a real struggle with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Date: March 12, 2009 09:54PM

There are 3 Pix (.jpg files) posted other than the photo's posted by Members
on there profile. 2 on the Paper's, Charts, & Tables page and 1 on the Events
& Gatherings page. They are already viewable. No need to open them.

One may have to be signed - in before you can "click" on a member pic and open
their profile. I know for sure you can't comment on a member's profile unless your
signed-in.

There are no MSWord files on my site. There are only .zip, .PDF, excel (only one I think)
and links to other websites.

I have no clue about any encoding.

Raymond Adams

Posted by: Thomas E. Stiver (---.sbndin.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2009 06:32PM

Raymond, I do not know what I am doing wrong; however, let me try again to explain my results when I try to see what you have posted. I first clicked on your link. That took me to "Guide Wraps, Crosswraps, and Weaves." Under that I clicked on many different titles and can see no pics on any I clicked on. Case in point, I clicked on Scott Youschak #2 to open that file. Here is what I get...a window comes up and says, "Invalid color space." I can read the printed words; however, no pics. One of these the other day on this "Guides,crosswraps..." just before my first reply was a Word Document. I do not remember which one it was. I am wondering if my computer security set up may be interfering? I am a total loss as to what might be happening. As far as I know I am signed in automatically under my "remember me" link on my computer and Mozilla Firefox?? Also when I come to the bottom of any page on the Forum there is a box with my name in it; thus, the W/S must recognize me?? Any suggestions as to what I can look for? Thanks much,

Date: March 14, 2009 06:47PM

Thomas,

Do you have Adobe Acrobat PDF or the free Acrobat PDF viewer software installed?
If you have the PDF viewer installed I am clueless as to why your having a problem
but if you don't there it is.
It shouldn't be your browser either unless it's in some setting. There are quite a few
people using FireFox and not experiencing a problem.
I've checked all of the posted links and they all work fine from home and from work.

Yes, if you see your name on the lower left side of any page your are signed-in and
unless you sign-out or clear that cookie from your PC you will remain signed-in.

Call me @916-494-1838 or email me so we can take this discussion off the board.

Raymond Adams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster