I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo Addition
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:39PM

Each year I end up turning some potential vendors away. While it would be nice to take their money, I try to keep the exhibitors in line with things that are directly related to custom rod building. This year, I have already turned away a chammy cloth pitchman, a potato peeler guy, a jewelry company, a knife sharpener salesman and a company that wanted to take volunteer DNA samples from attendees. All legitimate business people, but not what I want in the Expo exhibit hall.

Legacy Paddlesports/Get Outdoors is the only non-rod building company I allow in. At least what they do is closely aligned with fishing.

This year, however, I am prepared to add a non rod building vendor that I just met today. They make and sell perhaps the very finest rod racks available. High end furniture grade. The type of stuff you could put in the living room of a fine home and find it to be in perfect taste. I'm not easily impressed, but after seeing these today I was very impressed. This stuff is just absolutey beautiful.

As a result, I'm going to offer them the final available booth space. While it's not about rod building, it does go hand in hand with what we do. I think the attendees will be just as impressed as I was today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Addition
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:56PM

Sounds like a great addition!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:56PM

Good call Tom!

Posted by: robert smith (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:58PM

I'm not attending but I would quickly change my mind if Vince the Sham-Wow guy was going to be there. No way would I miss a chance to meet him. You following me camera guy?

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 06:23PM

C'mon, I prefer Billy Mays and the slider steamer.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 23, 2009 08:52PM

Tom,
Has the shipping company made up their mind yet???? Their decision will have a major bearing on my purchasing plans

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: January 23, 2009 08:59PM

No, they have not.

Posted by: John Trella (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 10:57PM

Tom,

Do the Rod Rackers have a website?

Just curious, but how are rod racks not related to rod building?

Thanks, -JOHN

Date: January 24, 2009 08:42AM

Sorry, they do not. Rod racks in and of themselves aren't anything you have to have to build a fishing rod, but I felt they were closely related enough (most builders own or have made such racks) to include them. Plus, you can't buy racks of this beauty nor quality at Cabelas or Bass Pro. They're in a class by themselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster