I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Forum Hacked
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 30, 2008 10:28AM

Sometime Friday morning this forum was hacked. My personal account was deleted and contents of various members posts have disappeared. If you notice that something you posted seems to have lost its content, it was due to the activity of the person/s involved in this hack.

At least one user had their password reset and administrative functions added, most likely so the hackers could get back in later after the forum had been repaired. If you are a registered user and generally only view and not post, and therefore do not always log in, I would suggest logging in just to make sure your password has not been reset. If it has, please let me know.

Ian and Wendy have worked overtime to get the forum back in shape. It is mostly back up to speed now but there may be a few minor bugs left to work out. Also, a forum update has been made so there may be a few minor differences compared prior to Friday of last week.

If you are experiencing any difficulties please shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll see what can be done. For now things should be back up to speed and we appreciate your patience while the board was down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forum Hacked
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 11:47AM

What are we looking for to determine if our password has been reset?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 12:17PM

Geez. log out, then log in. If you can't log in, our password has been changed. lol.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 12:25PM

Will the message list return to the left justification or is centering due to the new software?

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Neil Toland (---.dsl.louisacomm.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 01:44PM

Thanks to everyone involved for fixing this mess. I'm sure you all had much better things to do with your time than to deal with something like this. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Posted by: John Wiley (198.62.197.---)
Date: November 30, 2008 02:41PM

I hate to here about this kind of thing, glad you where able to get it up and running again,,
Thanks for the work...
John

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 03:06PM

Not sure how many know the work (on a Holiday weekend) that went into getting the forum back up. I, for one, sure appreciate it!! I was starting to go into withdrawal (not a pretty sight!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 03:07PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 04:17PM

That’s probably one of the reasons they picked this week end.

Figuring that no one would be available to correct the problem and therefore guaranteeing their script(s) would eat as many postings as possible causing the most amount damage to occur before any one would get to it on Monday.

The one thing they didn’t count on was cell phone communications.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 04:23PM

Yes, thanks for your work! Hopefully there will be consequences.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.jax.centurytel.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 07:47PM

What I noticed, is when I post and send . My post comes back up, instead of navigating back to the forum.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Paul Rotkis (---.gci.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 08:55PM

Thanks Tom to you and the volunteers to help get er' back up and running.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 30, 2008 09:14PM

No volunteers. But Ian and Wendy did a good job getting things back in order.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2008 02:11PM

Good for them and there OT....let me know who did this "hack job" please, if you get the chance, or have the information to do so.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2008 03:08PM

Seriouslly........it cost me money.....and I aint very happy about it.

Posted by: Roy Zeringue (204.9.215.---)
Date: December 01, 2008 08:02PM

Tom
I had to reset my password........

Roy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster