I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

shimano trevala blank
Posted by: tony fialkowski (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2008 05:36PM

Looking for suggestions for a blank comparable to what's used on a Shimano Trevalo jigging blank model tvc-58xh. Rod is 5'8'long and rated for 80-200lb. braided line. From what i've read in previous posts Shimano does not make their blanks available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony Fialkowski

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: shimano trevala blank
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2008 06:21PM

Take a look at what Mudhole has to offer.

[www.mudhole.com]

Lance

Posted by: Denis Brown (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 16, 2008 06:26PM

Tony
The Trevalla blanks are pretty generally regarded by users as being over rated by the manufacturer in line class.
You can check umpteen threads on jigging forums to confirm this.

Phenix make some very nice blanks of similar action & real power.
Their Black Diamond PSW -600H they rate at 60# should do the job nicely for you with the butt trimmed to 5'8" if you want.
or possibly even the 650H cut back to 5'8" if you want a slightly lighter class.

Available from suppliers on the left ............like Mudhole.

DenisB

Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2008 07:54PM

I have a line of 8 jigging blanks available. I'm a few months behind getting my website up and running but I have plenty in stock. From 4'10" to 6'6", 100g-500g ratings. I'll post a pic of a nice Gag I just caught on a 5'9" 350g.

My contact info is on the left - Riley Rods

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2008 10:11PM

The mudhole jigging blanks are very nice (and affordable) and you can call them up and ask to speak with Todd Vivian who designed them to learn all you would ever need to know about them.

That said, Jigging Master and Tuna Max are the standard by which the major jiggers measure all otheres. But you are going to have to shell out a bit of $$ to get them.

Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 01:09PM

Tuna max are in short supply as they are running a 30% off promotion. I have built on three of their blanks and are very nice...The others that I have used are the phenix blanks.
Oh yes, the trevallas are not highly regarded as a jigging rod. Much too soft and very over-rated in their line classes. More of an inshore rod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 01:11PM by Mel Shimizu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster