I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Matagi KD/SD gear, CF tubing?
Posted by: Will Dea (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 13, 2008 01:44PM

Hey fellas, has anyone used the Matagi KD or SD gear?

If so, are those parts just threaded decorative replacements for the locking nut for Fuji seats?

How about the CF tubing, not the tubing for interchangeable rear grips? Can it be used to go the full length from the end of the blank to the reel seat and beyond (providing sufficent tubing length)? Or is it used as trim?

What I am trying to do is to eliminate the threads showing on the foregrip when locking down the reel seat, purely cosmetic but I still want to maintain a small foregrip. I got the Matagi catalog I like the clean look with no threads showing on the reel seat.

Spoke with John @ JP and he's not too sure about application yet.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matagi KD/SD gear, CF tubing?
Posted by: Mark Fisher (---.sa.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 13, 2008 05:53PM

Will, the carbon fibre tubing can be used right thru to the front grip. This is in fact what it is made for. It comes in 13mm and 15mm diameters. The trims are designed to fit the tubing. If you have any problems contact Mamoru at questions@matagi.co.jp. He is a great help. He has some really nice components.

Regards
Mark

Date: October 13, 2008 08:23PM

Thanks Mark!

I've looked at the CF tubing and found that it wouldn't fit some of the blanks I am using due the larger blank diameters but on the small stuff I'd be nice!

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.149.119.70.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2008 09:15PM

Mud Hole is offering 17mm tubing for larger OD rods favored in the USA, check out:
[www.mudhole.com]

You will have to call the shop to order the 17mm tubes, they are not on the web site yet but they are in the shop.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Date: October 13, 2008 09:34PM

Thanks Team Mudhole!

Date: October 13, 2008 09:35PM

Thanks Team Mudhole!

What are the ID and OD of the tubes available?

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 14, 2008 01:11AM

The carbon fibre tubing is basically used as an extension of the rod blank. The entire handle assembly can be built on the tube, no reaming, no fuss. Components sized to the tube, slide 'em on, glue it up.

The KD/SD Gear is just dress up parts for the Fuji KDPS integrated nut/foregrip sleeve. That achieves exactly what you are after, covering the threads of the reel seat. You can trim the threads of the KDPS and the reel seat to suit your preferences. I've seen the KDPS shortened to about and inch, to give a nice short foregrip that allows you to extend your finger onto the blank. It can also be used uplocking or downlocking.

I like the look of the carbon fibre tube over the KDPS. I just wish all that good stuff was available for the size 17 and 18 KDPS sleeves as well. All that fancy stuff is sized for the 16 at the current time.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2008 09:53AM

The OD on the tubing is 16mm, ID=14mm and the length is 19"

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster