I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank question
Posted by: craig johnson (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 31, 2008 03:01AM

Hi all, i was wondering which blank would be most suited for fishing reef fish customer wants about a 8ft rod, going to use 50lb line class

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank question
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 10:09AM

Craig,
Send a personal message to Billy Vivona, he should be able to help you.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 10:57AM

Check out the Super Seeker CJBF 80 XH.

Posted by: Perrie Thomas (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 31, 2008 11:26AM

Hastings UNITED seies URS80XH
8'
modfast action
24kg / 50lb rated

should suit him...

HOTRODS - Perrie Thomas Custom Rods
[www.perrieshotrods.com]

Posted by: craig johnson (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 31, 2008 05:51PM

Thanks for the replys, i am going to go with the hastings

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.sip.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 07:12PM

There are two graphite blanks I use for this application. The first is a Hastings Graphite USA Wahoo 8' 50-80#, the 2nd and only other graphite blank up to the task is a St Croix 2M79XXXH 7'9" 65-100# rated. That rating is slightly high in my opinion, but it still a very good blank.
The Wahoo is listed as Mod Fast which it actually is
The St Croix is listed as Fast and is MUCH closer to Mod Fast.

If you are looking for glass, look to gator glass KC50-96 (IGFA 50 moderate) or American Tackle SWB8XXXH (50-80 fast mod-fast).

Those are the main blanks we use here off East Central Florida for big grouper, snapper, and amberjack bottom fishing 50-130# locked down as much as you can hold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster