I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Subscription Terms
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2008 01:08PM

We are in the process of updating the RodMaker Magazine website. One change will be that 2-year renewals and subscriptions will no longer be availble. Only single year subscriptions will be available from this point forward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Subscription Terms
Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 03:11PM

Hi Tom,
I am sorry that two year renewals will no longer be available. I actually would have liked five year renewals thereby eliminating my need to remember when to renew. I guess as long as you keep reminding us in Rodmaker about checking the number, we will Okay. My only real concern is that this might signify that publishing Rodmaker magazine might be too much of a burden--I certainly hope it is not.

Best regards,

Mike Blomme

Posted by: Ken Bonneau (---.dalecarnegie.com)
Date: June 04, 2008 03:23PM

Hello Michael,

I'm probably wrong on this one.......as usual but I would think that it would be more work for Tom to keep pace with yearly renewals. If I had to guess, Tom may be attempting to protect himself against the rising cost of manufacturing and transportation. Although I have been know to be completely wrong.............

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: June 04, 2008 04:31PM

I would say as a publisher, Tom probably needs protection against shipping costs and printing costs based on previous posts. He eliminated future "back issues", eliminating money he spent just laying around until someone decides "Oh I need that." and also talked about the cost of shipping those issues.

It all amounts to risk exposure. But, I'm not minding my own business with this post either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 04:32PM by Alex Dziengielewski.

Posted by: John Blair (---.dsl.hrlntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 04, 2008 05:15PM

Anyway we can keep our RMM going in good stead suits me....We couldn't have a better person in charge of it than Tom....I can't even seem to get all my compontents here at the time I need to get my rods out...........WHATEVER WE CAN DO TO HELP TOM....

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: June 05, 2008 12:40AM

Hi Ken,
I probably didn't make myself vey clear. I was really reacting to my fear that Tom might have grown tired of all of the work in publishing RMM. I only discovered this site in 2003 and now reading this forum ranks almost as highly as getting the news of the world each day. I have on a couple occasions about how much I appreciate getting each issue of RMM. Even though I began building fishing rods in 1958 (mostly to avoid being bored while at sea when I was in the Navy), I have improved my rod building by many levels. I now sell my fishing rods because they now look like professionally built rods. I would really hate to lose this very valuable resource. As others have stated, if there is any thing we rodbuilders can do to keep RMM going, just let us know. Thanks.

Mike Blomme

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster