I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Field & Stream on-line article
Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: May 20, 2008 09:46AM

[www.fieldandstream.com]

Thanks to Eric Burnley for putting this together for us. GReat job by all the builders featured, as well as those who were not featured but still do sick work on rods - keep it up!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Field & Stream on-line article
Posted by: Tim Sullivan (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:26AM

That's really neat. Rod building appears to gaining more exposure as of recently.

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:37AM

I saw the slide show but did not see any article to go along with it. Was this just the photo captions or is there more?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: May 20, 2008 10:57AM

I believe the photo captions are the article. Sorry for teh misleading-ment. lol.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 12:44PM

Congratulations to Doc, Jim Upton, Chris Herrera, Billy Vivona, Mark Crouse, Matt Kotch, B.D. Ehler, and Wayne Fowlkes. I hope that this will help to generate more interest in rod building.

Posted by: Chris Herrera (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 20, 2008 02:44PM

Thanks Mark. Congrats to you as well

Great Job, everyone!

And thanks to Ric Burnley for showcasing our works. I know I speak for everyone involved, when expressing my appreciation.

Chris

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 03:13PM

This is GREAT for the ART/Industry of Rodbuilding. Congratulations to those that were featured and all those that work so hard in this great craft.
Bill Batson

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2008 11:24PM

This is a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU !

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 20, 2008 11:45PM

Absolutely awesome, and giving our art some more recognition and coverage. I can't help feeling the same amazement every time I see those pieces of work. Inspiring, and a great tribute to the featured craftsmn and artists.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 12:54AM

Wonderful work guys ! It is a great day when we can see the artistry of our fellow custom builders showcased in one of the largest and most read outdoor magazines in the world. Congratulations guys and keep up the good work. Maybe next will be a full blown TV show so everyone can see it !
Thanks Billy for letting us know about it.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Ron Walter (---.direcpc.com)
Date: May 21, 2008 01:48AM

Congratulations to all of you. You are great ambassadors for the craft of rod building. As Billy says though there are others of you out there who also do outstanding work also. If you read the article closely, Ric wants others to send their work in also and he plans to show another installment with more pics. Send your work in. There is a lot of you on this board and others that do great work. It is a chance to showcase our craft and your work to millions of outdoor sports enthusiasts.

Posted by: Anthony Lee (---.gamma241.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:11AM

Congratulation to all who contributed. And to Billy also as I was knocked of my chair when I saw my "roses" being displayed. Thank you Billy.

Anthony Lee

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 06:34PM

Very cool Anthony...its such a great wrap and pattern on rods for women that fish...11 times better than the heart pattern, Awesome to see some of the "Art" of rodbuilding exposed with Feild and Stream. Great job to all involved.

Posted by: Anthony Lee (---.cache.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: May 21, 2008 10:18PM

Mike, you guys are my inspiration and you, Billy, and the NERBS are just simply awesome. How can I qualify to join this elite group?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2008 11:11PM

Anthony....you're already a NERB whether you like it or not.... (no dues). You REALLY want to qualify???? HOST a small rodbuilding event in your area....have some fun....exchange ideas....if you build it, thet will come. .... YOU like the art or it, and can build a functional rod.....thats what a NERB is.

NERBS are Global

Mike

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: May 22, 2008 05:41PM

Ric (Eric) had contacted me a couple months back about helping him with project. I provided names and in many cases photos. I sent a lot more than he used and I believe the first installment was mostly for thread work. But there is much more to come. Stay tuned.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 22, 2008 06:03PM

That is good to hear; maybe piece by piece people will get to read the whole story on custom rods.
Field and Stream's subscription base is approximately 10 million so it amounts to a great bit of exposure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster