I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Spiral Wrap
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 09:43AM

Tom I wholeheartedly agree - Carefull!

My concession will be -

The " BWB Casting Distance Flyer" will stay well hidden until the time that the potentioal customer decides to walk out the door without taking out his wallet because he thinks I am crazy for building all the funny looking rods.

Enjoy the day at JPs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 11:20AM by Bill Stevens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2008 10:22PM

Hi,

Oh my! Why do we get involved in all this. If you think something is beneficial then use it. If you don't think something is beneficial then forget about it. I like designers that at least try a new method, test it and form their own opinion. And you wonder why folks can't have fun any more.

Folks this is a fishing rod NOT open heart surgery!!!

I deal with ordinary anglers, not professionals. Some are excellent anglers and others like me go fishing to be on the water, have fun with friends and hopefully catch dinner. I truly believe this, if an angler is happy with the equipment he is using he will do better and if not happy with the equipment will do poorly. An angler can be a king with a $10 outfit and someone with a $1000 outfit the court jester.

Some of this stuff is not worth argueing about.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2008 08:45AM

We're not arguing, just have a friendly discussion on how the spiral wrap is often marketed, for better or for worse.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2008 09:10AM

Capt Neil;
I understand you sentiments. But I deal almost exclusively with competing semi to pro anglers. Who expect the rods I build to be tweaked to obtain the absolute best performance possible.
With that in mind I greatly appreciate these types of dialogs. Bouncing ideas and concepts off other builders sharing and gaining info from them, IMO compiled with testing that info has lead to most, if not all of the advancements in custom rods over the last few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2008 10:47AM by Steve Gardner.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster