I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NC Gathering and thanks to Fish Hawk Threads
Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 07:15AM

Robbie Smith (Fish Hawk Threads) stopped by yesterday. He can't make it this sunday,but dropped off a bunch of thread for everyone. There is even some thread not yet seen on the market. Really nice stuff. My thanks go to Robbie and Fish Hawk threads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NC Gathering and thanks to Fish Hawk Threads
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 08:36AM

Mr. Smith;
Thank you so much for your generosity and for supporting us the builders and this craft.

I have been extremely pleased with the thread I purchased from you at the show and will continue to use it. I look forward to seeing your knew offerings on Sunday.

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 09:40AM

Bill Stevens has sent me an email and advised
Swampland will donate one XP3 blank to a winner of a random drawing at the gathering. He did request that any winner of the blank that they "not subject it to the Tee Nintsy Guides of the Flea"

Date: May 13, 2008 11:38AM

Speaking for the flea;
And based on his communications with Mr. Stevens
I think the only blanks identified as ones adverse to flea rings are the 905 and the 874!

Thank you Mr. Stevens for your generous offer also
The flea will let you know which blank he would like after the drawing

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 13, 2008 04:33PM

Have read all the talk about Fish Hawk Threads and of samples giving away. Who and what vendor is handleing it ? Also what colors are available???
Thanks in advance! <<<<DON>>>>

Sorry I,m sleeping. I just looked to the left and seen Fish Hawk angain sorry !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 04:48PM by Donald Newenhouse.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 04:48PM

There is a link on the left

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: May 14, 2008 08:40AM

I hate that I can’t make it, but I have a 2 day, points and a half tournament this weekend. If I don’t go I won’t make the Federation 6 man team for my club. Everyone have fun for me.

Date: May 15, 2008 12:15AM

Mike;
I understand that, if your clubs like mine it’s a tight race sometimes. We just completed our six man two weeks ago. Our six man team came in 6th out of 32 teams. I personally came in 59 with 58 going onto the state finals, besides me as the bubble man 4 other guys on my team qualified.
Which state are you fishing in?

I will miss you

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: May 16, 2008 10:33AM

NC western region, they had the 2008 tournament a few weeks ago at Hickory. This is my first year fishing tournaments, and my partner and I are tied for the last spot on the team. Hopefully this weekends 2 day points and a half tournament at Clarks Hill will move us up enough to lock both of us in for next year, we only have one tournament left on our season. I am also fishing the Savannah River division of the BFL, and am well up in the points to qualify for the regional. Fishing out of Asheville the Savannah River lakes are our staples with Keowee considered our home lake.

Date: May 16, 2008 01:01PM

Good stuff Mike;
I did not realise that you lived in NC.
Any time you need some input on lakes this direction shoot me an email I would be glad to help if I know whats going on ath the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster