I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Castaway blank
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 12, 2008 06:33PM

I rec'd my first Castaway blank from Swampland today and have to say that I was VERY impressed with it. Can't wait to build it.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Castaway blank
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: May 12, 2008 08:46PM

I agree with Mike. I got one a couple weeks ago and I am very happy with it already. No one water time yet (bad weather this weekend), but it sure is nice casting across the yard!

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2008 09:29PM

I picked up several XP3s at the NC show, and am very impressed, as well!

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 07:19AM

i received some recently and i was very impressed as well. they are nice blanks and cant wait to build on them. great service from Lance.

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.42.100.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: May 13, 2008 08:30AM

For the money, these blanks are really tough to beat. Outstanding blanks all around. The customer service is terrific too. How can it not be, with guys like Bill and Lance? The only "downside" is that the cork work and the reel seats are good enough that they can be used straight out of the box, making me just an assembler. It's almost a disappointment to find that there is no sanding or fitting to do, outside of getting rid of molding lines on the seat.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: May 13, 2008 11:46AM

I picked up a few at the Show also. Built on 2 of them already and am very impressed. Gonna have to order some more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster