I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Duck River Custom Rod Building Gathering
Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: March 31, 2008 01:57PM

For those of you interested in attending the "Duck", which is the Duck River Custom Rod Building Gathering. Thursday May 1 is a day set aside as a day for fishing. We have fishing available of two local rivers as wading or float trips and also three local lakes. Friday morning the 2nd is a morning for fishing, if you just make it in or need a little more than Thursday offered. Also Friday morning is for those that may not want to go fishing, but rather just hang out out our facility and enjoy mingling with many other rod builders that just like to hang out and jaw about rod building. At lunch we all start meeting back for a fish fry. After the fish fry, several programs are on tap for Friday afternoon. We go until late afternoon with the programs and have a hour or better for socializing and various munchies and beverages of choice. We then have a outdoor barbecue, with the all the trimmings that is catered at the faciltity. Wrapping up the evening is a good ole "Southern Blue Grass" band that steps in and plays for several hours. Saturday morning the 3rd of May starts off at 7:30 A.M. with a mouth watering "Big Boy Style Country Breakfast". We then start roll call at 8:00 A.M., with programs going all day long. We do have some new programs for this year that are brand new techniques and will blow some of you away that may not have seen some of the latest trends in rod building, along with a couple of programs that have not even been presented until this meeting. Programs last all day long, with a social hour late that afternoon. We end the day with another outdoor barbecue, consisting of baby back ribs and all the trimmings. Then to top it off, a drawing for door prizes that are donated by various generous manufacturers. Afterwards we generally build a big bon-fire and set back and unwind, while re-capping the weekend. Sunday is a day for travelling. You can call me at 931-684-6164 for registration forms and hotel info to be mailed to you or you can e-mail me at -- customtackle@united.net and we will e-mail the forms to you. If you have any questons, you can contact me at the phone number listed or the e-mail address. This event is held in Shelbyville, Tennessee. A weekend filled with custom rod building programs, fishing, fun , plenty of food and fellowship. Registration is very important, so if you are planning on coming, please get with us so that we can better prepare for the head count.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Duck River Custom Rod Building Gathering
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 31, 2008 02:07PM

Bob you just used a few words to paint a very vivid picture! Not only are you messing with what little brain I have but the enticements to the belly are significant. It may be necessary for Clyde to start his second trip up river for 2008.

Date: March 31, 2008 03:01PM

Load up "Ole Clyde" and head this way. We do have a rather large time!!

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: March 31, 2008 06:40PM

Is your e-mail up and running. I sent you an e-mail and have not seen anything yet. Do i needd to resend it.

Thanks
Paul

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 31, 2008 06:50PM

Same here Bob,

But I found a campground right in town about 3 mi away from your place. I won't make reservations till I'm sure that I can come though.

Bill in WV

Date: April 01, 2008 07:25AM

Paul -- E-mail is back up and running. You actually left a message on my answering machine to mail you a copy, so we have placed one in the mail for you.

Bill -- We did receive your e-mail message and will be e-mailing you the information this morning.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster