I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Reception Tickets
Posted by: Jason Kesckes (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2008 09:36PM

I am guessing that photo copies of our tickets will be honored at the reception like they were last year. I dont like the idea of mutilating my precious RM mag if its not necassarry. Sorry for the stupid question but just gotta know and will you be taking tackle works enrollment checks at the show (save me a stamp)

Jason Kesckes. Aint no fish'n like bass fish'n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2008 09:39PM by Jason Kesckes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reception Tickets
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2008 09:50PM

There is I believe the seminar schedule on the back.Why not cut it out so you know what is going on?? Tom is thoughtful like this when it comes to the magazine.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 08, 2008 09:10AM

I understand your feelings, but we also have to be careful that non-subscribers aren't trying to take advantage of the magazine by running in with photocopies.

You can do it, but we will check your subscription status at the door. No problem.

Posted by: Joe Hepp (205.172.107.---)
Date: February 08, 2008 11:32AM

Along those lines, is it safe to assume that since there were 2 tickets included in the mag, that I can invite a non subscribing guest so long as he uses a n original ticket?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 08, 2008 04:36PM

I put the two tickets in there so you could bring a spouse, or guest.

I can only ask folks to be considerate in this regard. There are many rod builders who simply do not and will not subscribe to the magazine - these aren't the folks you should be giving tickets to. A spouse, child or a non-rod building buddy that you have brought with you is fine - that's what the extra is for. It is not there for you to bring a non-subscribing rod builder to the reception.

Let me put this in perspective - it costs me about $3500 to do this for my subscribers and pretty much ensures that neither the show nor the magazine will make a dime next year. I'm happy to do it, just be considerate and don't pass out a ticket because you seem to have an extra. I can't afford to feed and water a bunch of folks who have no interest in the magazine. If your wife or husband or child isn't coming, generally you'd be better off putting that ticket in the trash. It really wasn't intended for getting non-subscribers into the reception.

So... please use your discretion here and try to be fair to me and RodMaker Magazine. I do all that I can for my customers, but when or if I can no longer do that, then the reception disappears. It would be shame for subscribers to no longer have access to this on account of so many non-subscribers taking advantage of it. So again, just use your discretion with regards to that other ticket.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster