I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Rod Article
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2008 09:27AM

Following is the phone number for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission department that handles back issue orders for the magazine. The article on custom rod building and the ICRBE is in Volume 72, #2, and should cost no more than a few bucks.

(919) 707-0179

I assume they have copies available for sale now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Rod Article
Posted by: Russ Pollack (198.139.109.---)
Date: January 28, 2008 02:54PM

OK, here's the deal:

1) The number above gets you the NCWRC Enforecement Division. Just hit take option 6 at the end of the menu. You will talk to a person. Tell them you want to talk to the division that produces the magazine. They will transfer you.

2) The magazine is the "house organ" for the NCWRC. There are only two ways to get the magazine, because it is NOT distributed to newstands, according to the folks at NCWRC.
- subscribe to it. You can do this on the telephone or online.
- download a .pdf file of any issue, or of any article in the issue. Back issues are archived as .pdf files and are available from the same site.
- beg and/or plead with the lady (or ladies) who answer the phone to send you one. I'm not sure they are set up to take an order over the phone (for money) because we never got that far (I'm real good at begging and pleading).

These are nice people. Even the Enforcement folks are nice people, as I can attest from being boarded and asked for ID on virtually every SW trout trip I've done this year. Maybe, though, that's because I've got a lifetime license because I hit the age limit, so they figure if I'm that old, they don't want to get me too upset twenty miles out on the Sound.

Seriously, the download trick might be the best route. You are looking for the Febdruary 2008 issue.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2008 02:56PM

It is distributed to some newsstands. I found a copy at one this weekend. But not generally something like Barnes and Nobles.

I'll check with Greg again in a few days about the number for back issues direct. I'm sort of tied up with some family business lately that has me snowed under.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 10:53PM

Russ,
Try as I may I cannot find the area for downloading PDF's except for the kids corner
and the winners of the 2007 photo contest.

Got LINK??

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: January 28, 2008 11:54PM

Well, I found it under "back iassues" but now I can't find it again. I was using instructions provided by the lady on the phone.

I'm sorry but I can't find it now. I'll call her again tomorrow and see if I can get it and this time save it to "Favorites" and then I'll post it to you.

I apologize for being less than sharp this evening.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 12:33AM by Russ Pollack.

Posted by: Walt Natzke (12.22.21.---)
Date: January 29, 2008 02:01PM

The download page for Wildlife in North Carolina magazine is:

[www.ncwildlife.org]

However, it does not appear that the February issue is online yet...

Walter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster