I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Artie Hebert memorial rod raffle info, please help if you can`
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: January 02, 2008 01:41PM

I'm building a memorial rod for Artie Hebert. For those that don't know, he passed away about a month ago. He was a professional rod builder and also made rodbuilding videos available at Cabelas. He "invented" a special rod for shark fishing the Texas coast. It is a cut down Breakaway Stinger, from 14' to 10'. It is the best rod design for dealing with the sargasm that we get here while shark fishing from the beach. I have built several and call them my Sharkinator series. This rod will be called the Artinator. I am raffling the rod off and giving the money to his widow, who broke her hip the day after he died and now can't work. I built her a handicap ramp so at least she can get out of the house. The money for the ramp was donated by a few of Artie's many many friends. There are about 3 prizes, and 2 are custom rods. If Tom will let me I will post the raffle info, but not until then(you can always email me).

I found what is probably the last new Stinger in existence. As part of this rod I want to print out a graphic with the name of the rod on it (ARTINATOR). It will be about 1" x 5-7" long. In the past I would weave the name on the rod but this time I think a good graphic would look better. It will probably go between the split hypalon handles, or possibly as the buttwrap. I am working with the decal connnection with this part of the rod. If anybody wants to submit a graphic please do, the more the merrier. We have a about 4 ideas so far, but not sure which one is the best.. Artie loved Budweiser, and the rod colors are red, black, and met .gold. Use your imagination

Artinator rod raffle

I am starting the raffle now.The tickets are $10 and everything goes to Karleen.The rod should be done in a month or two(end of january, give or take. It's a cut down Stinger(the last new one I know of) to 9'-10', Fuji heavy SIC boat and casting guides,Custom hand shaped Hypalon handles,Red Aftco aluminum seat and matching fighting gimbal,Artinator logo, gold underwraps/trim, and candyapple red nylon overwraps.Maybe even some marblelizing, we'll see.If you have seen the Ozinator, it will look alot like that. Oz caught that 10' lemon on that rod.This is basically an unlimited class rod valued at at least $500.I have built several and these rods are the best sharkrods I have seen for the texas coast and anywhere there is a little weed,due to the length of the rod.Artie invented this design and showed me how to build it and do the candy apple red wraps.He built the first one himself. I have been making them since then. I'm making it red and gold because that was his favorite color combo for his custom rods

Send in your money via paypal to KDLCON@hotmail.com. Don't forget to mention the Artinator raffle and quanity of tickets. Buy as many tickets as you can afford, as it's a good cause and she can really use the money.I will send you an email receipt and when we do the drawing I'm going to let Karleen draw the winning ticket out of a hat, along with a couple witnesses so we all know it's on the up and up. If I forgot anything please post up and let me know.BTW, this is all tax deductable....................Kyle aka Kcon,Thanks all!

Ps, I will post some pics of a sharkinator rod soon

Pps, If you just want to donate money to Karleen just send it to the same paypal addy and say that it's a donation,not for tickets. She will get it with the raffle money.

Also, if you want to pay by money order just email me at the address above

Here is a link to the pics of 1bgsub's new rod that will be similar to the Artinatorhttp://extremecoast.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=94082#94082

Another pro rod builder that I can't mention the name due not being a sponsore here has kindly offered to pitch in a custom rod of his own.In order to spread the wealth, We are going to have a second place for a second winner.Here is his email to me"HI GUY
THANKS FOR ALLOWING "My" CUSTOM RODS TO BE PART OF THIS FINE VENTURE.
I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER 1 CUSTOM INSHORE 7FT SPIN OR SPIRAL"SPIRALSTIX" ROD WITH TITANIUM GUIDES COLOR OF THE WINNERS CHOICE ALL THE WINNER HAS TO DO IS CONTACT ME WITH HIS OR HER DESIRE AND I WILL GERRRRR DONE
THANKS FOR ALLOWING METO BE PART OF THIS VERY FINE JESTURE.
Sounds like a really nice setup to me, Kyle

The"Artinator"shark rod will take a month or so to build.When it is finished, so will the raffle. I will announce it in the last few days before it is too late to buy last minute tickets. For those that are sending money orders, you need to go ahead and do that so we don't have to wait, or possibly, so you may not get your name into the hat due to snail mail. We prefer paypal to begin with.It makes it much easier to keep track of things.Thanks for asking.................Kyle aka Kcon

FYI, Tom contacted Artie's Widow and all is on the up and up, she get's every dollar. We are trying to get even more prizes, one custom rod fell through today, but I'm hoping to get more prizes before this is over. Please let me know if you would like to join in. Each successive prize will go to a different winner, so if we draw the same name out of the hat twice, we will keep drawing until somebody new wins a new prize. I would rather spread the wealth than watch one person walk off with all the prizes. Thanks for any help and prize donations..................Kyle Ligon

If you have any questions or ideas please let me know at this thread or at my email above.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Artie Hebert memorial rod raffle info, please help if you can`
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: January 02, 2008 03:00PM

Third place price donated today for the Artinator raffle. I am trying to get as many prizes for dif winners as possible. Here is the new one: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New 3rd place prize donated. Its an Oreck Air Purifier Series 8.. Retail price of 349.95.. Covered 900 sq feet of area.. Uses electronic techonology to purify the air. Washaeble filter... Thank Robul for the donation............Kyle Ligon

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster