I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thread colour for purple reel seat
Posted by: Tim Bloomfield (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: December 11, 2007 12:43AM

I'm building a rod for my 6 yr old daughter, and I'm looking at using a Fly Logic reel seat I've found in their Wild berry colour (it's a shiny dark pink/light purple).

Anyone know which thread would match up best to this reel seat?

Are there any other 'pretty' colored reel seats out there? (something a 6 yr old girl would like)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thread colour for purple reel seat
Posted by: Bill Peifer (---.gci.net)
Date: December 11, 2007 03:52AM

I think naturally occuring color combinations are beautiful. Think bright sunny day, blue sky, berries on the vine and wildflowers with your little girl there wearing her favorite colors. Hope that narrows it down a bit.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: December 11, 2007 11:32AM

Superimposing purple, fushia and scarlet thread on a pic of a Fly Logic reel that color seemed to work. I especially liked the purple. If it's not a birthday gift , let her pick the color.

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: December 11, 2007 11:32AM

I have done several 'Princess Rods' for G-daughters and other little girls. Purple base wraps with Pink and Silver trim look very nice. You do need to use CP to maitain the true color.

Posted by: Paul Innocent (---.dsl.akrnoh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 11, 2007 12:20PM

Hey Tim, To get the best possible match to your reel seat I would recommend going with Madeira polyneon.
They have many different shades of purple that will work. In my minds eye I think that reel seat would match up
well with Madeira #1833,or 1880. Check out Acid Rod they sell Madeira threads. Remember too, that Madeira will darken up a bit after a coat of cp. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Tim Bloomfield (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: December 11, 2007 07:42PM

Thanks guys.

Posted by: Bruce Robb (---.fai.dsl.dynamic.acsalaska.net)
Date: December 13, 2007 12:52AM

Spenser has the right idea! Let her pick! My daughter picked what I thought were nuts colors and only available in silk thread, and ( to me) looked no better than so-so in the house. Out on the generally overcast sky waters of Prince William Sound it looks terrific. Girls just know stuff. But the thought has often ocurred since then, that in her eyes the colors aren't what matters to her. What matters is she picked them and I made them just for her. It went a long way toward developing her into my fav-0-rite fishing buddy! Who can ask for more?

Pesco Ergo Sum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster