I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Kencor 900MC 20-50# blank
Posted by: Jose Moreno (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 09, 2007 01:59AM

Has anyone built or fished one of these blanks? I pulled on one this week and it felt really good. It was light, very light and had a great bend.
It feels like a solid jig stick for 30# for calicos, barracuda and yellowtail. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kencor 900MC 20-50# blank
Posted by: Jay Parkinson (---.dsl.sndg02.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 09, 2007 07:34PM

Which one the bbpos or the bgpos, the latter being the graphite blank ? I built and have fished the all glass bbpos900mc and it has a great bend and will chuck a Tady 45 quite well. Great blank for the money. I'm more into the glass for jigsticks. Friend of mine built a graphite one, but prefers the bgpos800mc.

Date: December 09, 2007 09:05PM

I was interested in the glass myself. I wanted to build an inexpensive light jigstick for local fishing. Thanks

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2007 01:56PM

Which vendor handles these blanks?

Clyde

Posted by: Ken Bush (---.prusocal.com)
Date: December 10, 2007 07:19PM

Jose, I built both the 900 and the 800 in mcbgpos (With the graphite sprial). They both make great jigsticks. No problem for either to handle anything from calicos to 30#+ yellowtail. I used them both at Cedros and Benitos while on a five day this summer. Both worked great on 30# yellows. I put an Avet JX two speed on the 8', and an Avet HX for the 9". I think the graphite sprial versions have a little bit more backbone than the straight glass rods. As Jay said, I actually prefer the 8" as its a little bit thinner in the butt section, and for me easier to handle.

I think Mark at @#$%& carries the Kencor blanks!!

Heres the 9" I built... you can just make out the graphite spiral above the guide...

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: December 12, 2007 01:21AM

Nice! Ken, I was looking at the glass rods for the price and the action. I didn't try out the graphite spiral blanks. Its good to know they've been tested on some
big fish and stood up to the task. I'll check those out the next time I get a chance.
Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster