I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Masecraft update
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 05, 2007 09:34AM

Just wanted to update those of you that have had past problems with the Masecraft Polyestor Pearl rods after exposure to the sun. The white, black and red pearl rods now have U'V stabilizers in them and as they deplete their stock of the other colors, they will be replaced with ones that have U/V inhibitors in them. The Stonite material as well as the alternative horn, ivory and tortoise shell are already good. The problems were only with the Polyestor Pearl

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Masecraft update
Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2007 12:59PM

Mike,
What does it say for a vendor that will wait to deplete his stock before correcting a problem? I don't think I'd buy anything from him to ensure I'm not part of his solution for other problems.

Clyde Thomas

Date: December 05, 2007 01:25PM

Clyde,

IMO, It says that they are a good company that will take that extra step to work with customers. They do VERY little business for rod building and we found them, not the other way around. They have never marketed to todbuilders and their products were never intended to be used outdoors. Why would they throw away a large supply of product simply because maybe a dozen or so builders can't use it??? I think that it speaks volumes for their service that they are working with a few of us so that we can use the pearl rods, which are beautiful!! I (and other builders) use a lot of their product and love it. The pearl rods were the ONLY ones with problems and they worked with us to meet our needs. They are NOT a rodbuilding vendor. I have NO connection to this company. My only reason for posting is to provide those builders that like to use acrylics aware of a source of material in large enough diameters for grips and trim rings. Nothing more, nothing less

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: John Britt (---.96-97.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2007 01:39PM

Clyde
if anything it shows they are a very good company as Mike said we went to them not the other way around,they sent me samples of some of their products when i gave them a very tiny order, the vast majority of their business evidently doesn't care if the product is UV protected or not
Mike thanks for the update
John

Date: December 05, 2007 05:08PM

Mike and John,
I did not understand the background that the two of you have pointed out. I certainly did not intend to be/sound disrespectful to Mike. If I've misjudged. and it certainly sounds like I did, I apologize.

Clyde Thomas

Date: December 05, 2007 05:45PM

Clyde,

No problem! I didn't take offense at all. Just assumed that you weren't familiar with Masecraft and were implying that they were doing something they shouldn't be doing. Just pointing out that 99.9% of their customers have no problem with their products as they are. It's us that they are changing to accommodate.

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: John Britt (---.96-97.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2007 06:08PM

Clyde I should apologize sometimes attempting to make written post comments come out far more harsh then they are meant to be
John

Date: December 05, 2007 11:48PM

John and Mike,
Not to carry this on forever, but I just finished doing what I shoulda done before my 1st post to Mike... a couple minutes of research and a re-read of Mike's post. Having done so I now understand what Mike's reference to "pearl rods" meant. When Mike said that the originals were not u/v tolerant I was thinking "fishing rods"... to the extent that I was thinking at all. Thanks, both of you, for being more tolerant than I was ready to be.

Clyde Thomas

Date: December 06, 2007 12:44AM

Clyde, Don't worry about it! LOL

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2007 11:06PM

Don't worry Clyde Mike needs to be shook up evey now and then. It keeps all that old blood flowing between the ears.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster