I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson products
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: September 07, 2007 11:28PM

There has been a lot of Batson will it do this questions lately and the thing is that if they where no good they would not be in business any longer, I have used Batson Almost Exclusively for everything I build, and have NOT HAD ONE THING RETURNED BECAUSE OF PRODUCT FAILURE!!!!! Any other questions email me!

PS: Yes there is always that one component that will fail, but that is with all manufactures!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2007 11:30PM by Tim Hurst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson products
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 07, 2007 11:39PM

Batson, along with Fuji, Pac Bay, American Tackle and just about every other company all make excellant products. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have used just about every compaies products and can honestly say that I have never encounter a bad product from any of them. That's not to say that I haven't had a problem with a particular item occasionally but all problems were quickly resolved. Everybooy has their favorite manufacturer's and vendors, but in this very competitive, low margin industry, if they didn't produce, they wouldn't last long!!
Personally, if you don't try different products/vendors, you might be shortchanging yourself.

Just my opinion

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: September 08, 2007 12:14AM

TO Mike Personally, if you don't try different products/vendors, you might be short changing yourself. , you have it totally right, I have used other products and have been completely happy, that is what makes this the custom rod builders board!!!!!!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 08, 2007 01:21AM

That was my point. By trying various ones, you can decide which you like best!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 08, 2007 11:31AM

I’ll tell you one thing I have seen and experienced with Batson enterprises, and the Batson’s more so then any other vender.

That is there personal hands on commitment to working with the builders, regardless of if it’s a first time builder wanting to know what blank to use or working out some technical data on experimental stuff
I can’t count the posts or personal emails from them in support of this craft, and when you understand just how small a part of their business comes from custom builders if even more amazing.

Batson Enterprises supplies components to over 400 of the worlds leading rod manufacturers, and if the custom rod market dried up and went away today, they would hardly notice a dip in their income.

Yet because of their commitment to a vision, this craft, their roots, and understanding that they them selves started out as custom builders. They continue to support us in pushing custom building to new limits.

If you doubt this, post a question to Fuji about which guides they suggest for a particular blank and see who responds. Another builder maybe a vender on the sight, but not Fuji they could care less. Batson is the leader in how a manufacturer takes personal interest in the end of the line users of their products, and they are an incredible example of what all businesses should strive to be. At least that’s my opinion.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: September 08, 2007 07:03PM

AMEN !!!! STEVE....YOU HIT THAT NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD....ALL THE BATSONS ARE FIRST RATE !!!!

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: September 10, 2007 11:52PM

My vote goes to Batson and PacBay.

It's not that the sponsors here don't support the products from the major manufacturers, because they certainly do. It's also not that you can't call the majors - they all have a contact number of some sort. Rather, it's that the "help" you get directly from the majors varies from pretty good, to worthless, depending on who answers the phone.

With Batson, you get the answers from the folks whose name is on their stuff. With PacBay, you get answers from the people who actually ARE the company. A little story - my wife and I both won rod kits at the Show. We built my wife's rod first (who didn't know THAT was gonna happen?) and the tip section broke on her 4th striper. Batson wanted the rod back so they could precisely match a new tip. No questions, just send it. No, I didn't go through a sponsoring vendor because I knew Batson would handle it directly and I just didn't think I needed someone in the middle.

Same with PacBay. We've had questions about their lathe, and about a couple blanks. Same thing - we've dealt direct. No questions. Just superb service.

There are others out there but these two are outstanding and are models for the way things ought to be - and unfortunately, not what they are in most other businesses, whether it's retailing, wholesaling, or manufacturing. Fishsticks4U, Mudhole, C&M, and Andy Dear come to mind, but there are so many others. These folks WANT YOU TO SUCCEED, whether you are a hobbyist or a pro. The greatest group of makers and vendors I've ever dealt with in any business are sponsors on this BBS. Their support is how we can offer our rods to our customers without any worry about product support.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster