I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Old Stuff
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 29, 2007 01:53PM

Those of you interested in the old days of custom rod building may be interested in this:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

It's an old folding surf rod guide probably from the 1950's. We'll have a ton more stuff like this at the 2008 ICRBE this year. Hopefully we'll bring back some memories for the old timers that can recall using items like this and educate the newer builders on how things used to be in our craft, way back when.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old Stuff
Posted by: Dave Orr (---.nt.interNORTH.net)
Date: August 29, 2007 01:55PM

Hey there's one of those on an old bamboo spinning rod I have........ hmmm
Maybe one day I should refinish that rod........ hmmmmm

Regards
Dave

Fishing is Life the rest is just Details

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2007 01:56PM by Dave Orr.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: August 29, 2007 03:03PM

Looks like titanium

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: August 29, 2007 06:18PM

Looks Older Than Me

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: August 29, 2007 11:59PM

Fred, I'm older than you, and it looks older than me. Actually, I've seen a few of these here on the coast. There's also a number of the old "Zane Grey" bamboo offhsore rods round here - not as restaurant decorations, but in folks' homes and on some boats. Gee, I'd love to get the chance to refinish one of those.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 30, 2007 02:21PM

if that guide is from the 1950s its like 30 years older than me haha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster