I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

High Point
Posted by: craig johnson (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 16, 2007 07:34AM

Hi all,
I have decided from all the excellent feed back that i am going to go to the Rod building expo at High Point NC, my question is, i am slightly disableled i am t6 parapelgic, i am from Australia, never been to America before, what i would like is a name of some good accomodation as near to the event as possible, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Johnson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Point
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 16, 2007 07:37AM

The Radisson is the "Host Hotel" and it is directly across the street from the show facility - it is the closest business of any kind, couldn't ask for a better solution.

Here is the link to the information ... [home.earthlink.net]

Date: August 16, 2007 07:57AM

Thank u for that information, i just booked, am looking forward to the experiance

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 08:28AM

Wow! Craig you will be pleasantly surprised to find that the Show Place is set up in a manner that will allow you to easily move from place to place with an absolute minimum of effort. All the seminars and vendor areas are on the ground floor with facilities for make the exprience a joy for ALL. You will also find a large group of "just plain rodbuilders" who will be glad to assist you in making your trip memorable. Please drop by the Swampland Booth and receive a special gift from the Swamps of Louisiana.

Date: August 16, 2007 08:44AM

Thank u for that Bill, i will drop down to the swampland booth, and look forward to meeting,

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (207.118.60.---)
Date: August 16, 2007 11:15AM

Craig you well be amazed at what you well see and find there. What you well see are wonderful exhibits and talented people giving classes. What you well find is a group of sharing wonderful helping people. Have a great stay in the States. Where are you located in AU.? I have family in Perth.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: chuck brown (---.wan.networktel.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 12:08PM

Craig,
the place is awesome and you will be among friends in the industry. I don't think you will have one problem. Drop by the Decal Connection booth or the Bill-Mar Decal booth for a special gift.

Looking forward to Febuary

Chuck

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 16, 2007 02:09PM

Glad to hear that you will be coming! You are in for a real treat!!! Be sure to stop me and say Hi! Looking forward to meeting you!! Be sure to look me up, I have something for you!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: August 16, 2007 06:15PM

Thanks again for the replys, i could hardly sleep last night i am that excited, i am in Brisbane up in Qld Bob,

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 08:42PM

Thats a long ways from Perth. Craig make sure you bring your camera and take lots of pictures at the show. Besides the show NC has lots of cool senery
Good Wraps Bob

Date: August 16, 2007 11:25PM

That it is, ( Perth form Brisbane ) defently bring my camera,

Posted by: Dan Miller (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: August 18, 2007 10:05AM

Craig,

I caution you on accepting a gift from the Swamps of Louisiana !!!!!!

It may very well have teeth, could be poisonous and will have a high chance of emitting a strong crude smell of some sort.

Do not get me wrong. I really like the State of Louisiana and the people are fine ........... just not the swamps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 10:08AM by Dan Miller.

Posted by: Brent Keever (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 19, 2007 10:09PM

If you are not in the swamps than you are not in Louisiana lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster