I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

THANK YOUS
Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 01:28PM

I have to list the following people who have been a world of help to me and to let all know the wealth of knowledge they can give to the rodbuilder new or old...
American Tackle...Joe and Chase
Batson...Karry , Bill and Mick {Utmost}
C.U.I...Terry
Sevier...David {the new owner} This guy is great !!!!
and last but not least Mike Barkley and Tom Kirkham- they always have the time to help the rodbuilders along {old or new} with their never ending bottonless pit of knowledge. It makes no difference if it is your very first wrap or your 1,000th. they are there for you.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THANK YOUS
Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 01:50PM

yeah they are all definately great! i always bug mike barkley haha

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.108.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 02:06PM

pooooor Mike Barkley. The guy is retired, leave him alone.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: August 03, 2007 03:01PM

You know I was thinking last night... this must be a lifestyle for Tom Kirkman. Web site, magazine, expo, shop, etc... I'm sure many others eat, sleep, and breathe it as well.

Coming from other hobbies though, it's great to have open access to some of the people that are really the leaders/innovators/etc in the field. So many people in other ventures refuse to share information.

From my first post, to my future ones, thanks and maybe one day I'll have you ask me how to do something.... ha ha ha!

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 03:12PM

Thanks Fred Glad we at Batson could help. Yes Live and Breath it would not know any other way. Tight Wraps :)

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 03, 2007 07:05PM

I would never be able to pay back a fraction of the help that I got from the people on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At my first show, I learned more from Billy V. and the rest of the NERBS (and everyone else) than I had learned in the previous 15 or so!!!! Thanks to Tom and everyone else. Being retired, I just have more computer time than most!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 07:35PM

Hey Mike...I just sent off a "e" mail to you...please check it out

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 03, 2007 07:49PM

yeah mike sits at his computer all day to answer my questions haha ;)

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: August 03, 2007 11:35PM

I am with you Jon, I consider Mike my mentor ! I have learned so much form him (hope he doesn't mind).
Mike and I communicate by e-mail also. I hope to meet Mike and Tom in Feb. along with all the other GREAT rod builders I have met on this Forum.

Jay

Posted by: Russ Pollack (198.139.109.---)
Date: August 06, 2007 05:02PM

There are no secrets in this game - just stuff you don't know yet.

There are so many people who have helped me since I joined this BBS that I can't name them all here. Sponsors/Vendors, and folks like Tom and Mike and Billy and Andy and Robert and Ray and - the list goes on and on. The first show I attended was the last Charlotte show, and that's when I subscribed to the magazine for the first time as well. Last year I had a table. But whether I post to this Board, or just kind of browse through the threads, or just observe at the show or actually go to a seminar, there has never been a time when I haven't learned something, and I've been able to apply most of it to my rod-building efforts almost immediately. A lot of times I pick up something while I'm at my "real" job (on the road) and I can't wait to try it when I get home, so I'll discuss it with Gary (my partner in Calico Creek Rods) and he'll try it during the week. Like so many others, I've learned more in the past couple years than I evedr knew in forty years of building before then.

I think this thread is a good chance thank everyone.

So,

Thanks, everyone.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster