I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod usage handout at RBI site
Posted by: Joe N Douglas (---.povn.com)
Date: June 04, 2007 12:43PM

Well, sorry for the confusion and problems. The file is a Publisher 2003 file for those that have it. I guess I did not realize the software was so limited in its backward compatibility. I assume this allows MS to sell more software.

I put it up in Publisher so you could modify it to insert your own name and business name. I assumed that most of you would not want to advertise for Black Dog Tackle custom rods. Hey....if you do, I would appreciate it.

Here is an offer that should be hard to resist. Jim Gamble at Dudley Rods has much newer and better software than I have on my system. He even has the full Adobe product suite; and he knows how to use it.

During the month of June.....if you are an RBI member, or if you decide to become an RBI member and actually join in June; all you have to do is tell me you want the tri-fold handout for Rod Usage and Safety Tips in a print ready format. Jim has volunteered to produce a personalized version of the tri-folds for each member who requests it for free. Your business name and contact information will replace the BDT specific items on the handout. The finished file will be sent to you. You take it to your local Kinkos, Staples, etc, etc, and have them print as many copies as you want.

How could it get any easier?

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks, Joe

Joe Douglas
Rod Builders International
208-476-5708
joe@rodbuildersintl.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod usage handout at RBI site
Posted by: Dale Cecil (---.sip.pns.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 04, 2007 12:49PM

How do we find out about RBI and what all it has to offer and cost to join?

Date: June 04, 2007 12:52PM

There is a link on the left "Rod Builders Int." or go to web site www.rodbuildersintl.com for more details.

Or, send me an email or call 208-476-5751 and we'll talk.

Thank you for your interest. Joe

Joe Douglas
208-476-5708
joe@rodbuildersintl.com

Posted by: Ken Bush (---.prusocal.com)
Date: June 04, 2007 07:55PM

"Rod Usage and Safety Tip"

Safety tips????? On Rod usage.......That should be interesting.....

"Always keep your rod pointed in the direction of the water"

"In case of Bear attack, do not use your rod as a sword"

"Never use your rod as a fireplace poker"

Sorry to make lite of the brochure, but these came to mind. Having not seen the brochure, I would hazard a guess that the brochure might be more to do with building the rod..... than using it.

tight lines....

Posted by: Russ Pollack (64.241.28.---)
Date: June 04, 2007 09:25PM

I like these too. After we get settled with Ver 1.0, maybe we should do Ver 2. Another one would be to not use the rod as a whip antenna for your NASCAR flag.

Seriously, I've already made a flyer from the "final" review version and placed my customer store's logo and my own logo under the header and a "Presented Courtest of"" line. I also changed the text a bit to fit my market. I made 25 copies (2pg each, stapled) and gave the to my customer store as a countertop giveaway. They liked it. Now, it took not much time to insert the logos, and it cost very little to simple print them up with my inkjet. But it gets my name out in a way that all the other racks of rods in the store don't do, and that's sort of the point.

Joe, per my earlier emails, please put me on Jim's list. I'd like him to use my logo, if possible. Please let me know the next steps.

thanks
Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Date: June 07, 2007 12:39PM

Ken,

Actually, the tips are for rod usage rather than building. The backside contains some for fishing streams here in the northwest and I may add one or two of yours...the bear and the fire (camp fire) ones especially. Some of the saltwater guys want the backside to conatin saltwater rod usage tips so I would appreciate any of those people care to contribute...not a lot of saltwater in the mountains.

Thanks, Joe

Joe Douglas
208-476-5708
joe@rodbuildersintl.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster