I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Bag
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 17, 2007 05:50PM

Do you use the canvas rod bags that sell for about $ 14. I needed a special bag and called Anglers Workshop and ordered a 8' 8" blue bag kinda special. I asked for one that would fit a 30 ring guide, double stitched and if possibe to embrodery Tuna Quest in gold on the outside of the bag. This call was made last Wednesday.

The Fed Ex guy just dropped off a package and when I opened it up I found the most beautiful, double stitched, padded bag perfectly shaped to hold the rod with the TUNA Quest done in large gold font. I know that my customer will really appreciate this extra effort. I am not going to tell you what they charged me for the bag but I will tell I felt extremely guilty and called to thank them and had them add a sizeable tip for the person who made this fine bag.

I do not buy a lot of stuff from Anglers Workshop and this type of service was not expected. If you want a special rod bag check them out.

Thanks Anglers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Bag
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 17, 2007 06:52PM

Bill;
was that for a one piece rod?

Date: May 17, 2007 06:56PM

Yes one piece - padded inside with quilting material really really nice!

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: May 17, 2007 07:53PM

They also have some misc. bags for different sized rods including rods with reels for a great price right now, call for details, most expensive one I saw was $5 for the rod with reel in the boxes.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 18, 2007 01:33AM

Just went to their site and didn't see any for $5, but did see one that apparently they actually make for $9.50. I'm looking for a "generic" bag for our 7' saltwater trout rods that we can put our logo on (OK, that's bad english but it gets the point across). From Bill's description above, it sounds like it'll be a good thing to call them in the morning.

Thanks, Bill.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Date: May 18, 2007 08:08AM

Russ your English: What you posted is kinda like going to Harvard and asking "Where's the library at"?. When the Yankees snicker at us for using improper language skills you ought to hear how we rephase the question.

Gon Fishn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 09:51AM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: May 18, 2007 12:41PM

The bags were not on the site, but setting in boxes right at your feet at the front door. The rod/reel bag was a Loomis corduroy bag I believe with a nice zipper opening. The more generic bags they had were way cheaper. Dave at the front counter can give you the scoop.

Date: May 18, 2007 02:23PM

The bag I received was NOT a Loomis bag nor was it zippered. It was a custom hand sewn blue canvas bag - specially made as per my request - double stitched, sized for 30 choke, 8' 8" one piece, custom gold embrodery, inside padding. The lady that makes their standard bags sewed this one up after I placed the order last week. Dave will gladly tell you what I got - they may have now decided what they will sell this type of stuff for. (Please note preposition at end of sentence - huh Russ). I can assure you that this one made by Anglers would not be considered as way cheaper!

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: May 19, 2007 01:15PM

Bill,
I've had Angler's made some bags for me over the years, they indeed a fine product and they back their quality also.
Was just adding that I seen some nice bags there also for a great price out front the last time I was in there. Bought one of the Corduroy rod/reel bags to try on my Loomis HS 9000 rods and bought a few of the what looks like mid weight taffeta generics also. Fishing out of open jet sled just about everything I use starts looking scruffy after a while so I don't buy the best for myself much. My tubed and treasured travel rods are the only exception.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster