I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Woodland rod show Sorry I foregot
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.jax.centurytel.net)
Date: April 18, 2007 05:27PM

I apologize I forgot to mention, during our raffle a rod builder from WA by the name of John Richardson won a Steelhead mount. DocSki presented John with mount. I also won a 6wt, 4 piece fly rod kit from Batson. Thank you Bill Batson and Batson Enterprises. I plan on bringing this rod back to next years show completed.
Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodland rod show Sorry I foregot
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 19, 2007 12:51PM

Sorry I have taken so long to add my two cents about Woodland. I just got back a couple days ago and had many alligators to deal with. Most of you know I have been involved in this craft for MANY years. It started back in the day when NOTHING was shared and if it was it cost a bunch and frequently didnt include much. What Todd did up in Woodland was quite special. In size it is obviously not even close to High Point but in spirit I am sure it is a dead heat. There was genuine interest in all the Seminars and the presentations were super (except mine - I always run over - too much @#$%& LOL) After the presentations many of the people would gather with the presenters to get some more finite answers. All the people were soo special. Many people who are just names on the computer screen came to life for me. Putter was incredible and even more of a special person I had guess he was. His Marbling and braid seminars were stop notch. Stan Grace is a mountain with a big heart. Coach is just so real and brought more smile to my face that I would have ever expected. T-Rex(my nick name for Theresa Rad.) Is a firecracker and I can wait to see some of her work. The Batsons were very impressive. It is easy to see why their products are becoming sooo popular. There are soo many I would be here all day. Listening to Mark, Colleen, Steve and Lori really helped me understand more about the spiral wrapping stuff. Bottom line is the whole place reaked of people wanting to learn and share. If you get a chance to see a list of the seminars you would see a list of whose whos both old and new. Great com r o d ary and some special trips for pizza and fish and chips and OH yeah Beer. The blank building part that Todd sets up really helps people understand the inner workings of building a blank. Much Kudos to Todd for all the hard work he puts into this thing by himself. He even got a few of us out on the water to make the North West experience even more special. The only short comming of the whole thing is I wish it could be even longer, I hated saying good bye to soo many special people.

Posted by: Scott Throop (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2007 07:19PM

....Oh man!!! Doc, yer killin me!! LOL! I really hated missing this....even called Steve when he was there to see what I was missing and get an update on everyone. Im there next year!

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.jax.centurytel.net)
Date: April 19, 2007 11:44PM

I also forgot to mention Darvin (the Corkman) Geiszler, he won a great door pize from Pac Bay, it was a great looking power wrapper
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: April 20, 2007 12:54AM

And the great guy that he is, he donated it to a local school!!

This event was great. It was a lot of fun to meet so many new persons and to meet old acquaintences, too. Doc was a hoot and more fun in person than I'd ever imagined.

Thanks to Todd and all the Lamigals for all of their hard work (you too, Rob).

Putter

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster