I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Multipiece casting blank
Posted by: Tajul Asyraff (85.134.138.---)
Date: February 16, 2007 09:23AM

Hi all,
I ve been lurking in this forum for a week now,quite happy to found it.Verry informative and with no crap at all compare to the other fishing related forum.Kudos to all u guys.

Btw, i am looking for a multipiece casting blank for a travel rods.Theres quite a few brand on the market now that offer for what i am looking for,but after a total disapointment of finding out that the rod that i bought recently are not to be like what i am expected it to be,i ve decided to build one.

The problem is that i live in ireland,and theres no source of rod building material around.Most of the time i ve bought most of my need through on-line order.It like a phobia for me to choose the blank knowing that i am not gonna know how it going to perform until i receive it and only relying on the specification given.From my search i ve
found a few blank :

-Batson Rainshadow RX-7 , IC847-3
-All Star Travel Titanium ,BAST786CT-3
-St. Croix SC II GRAPHITE INSHORE SALTWATER TRAVEL , GI70HF3

I would like an oppinion from any of you which have used or work with the blank in term of action,lightness,performance and quality.
I have a problem on the action most of the time choosing blank.I like my rod to be fast or extra fast in action and a bit stiff too.Is it possible to have these specs on the 3 piece rods?The rod will be use to cast lure and bait weight 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz.Around 7ft in length.

Any suggestion on any other blank are welcome.Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multipiece casting blank
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2007 10:39AM

Welcome to the site.

Unless you just find some one that has an Alstar blank in that model. You can cross them off the list.
Alstar no longer sells blanks to the custom rod builder. Even if you do find one and it breaks you most likely will not find a replacement.

It may also take a couple of days to get a few responses on this question, as a lot of the members of this site out of town this week end attending the International rod builders show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2007 10:43AM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.z163-155-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: February 16, 2007 10:53AM

Look at the Batson blanks ... like Steve said the AllStar lineup is kaput and the St Croix SCII Inshore Series is discontinued. Wait until the show is over and then call Batson or one of the uber distributors to discuss the line of blanks.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: February 16, 2007 03:43PM

The Batson blank is a dandy. I've built one that has been all over North and South America. It's caught lake trout, salmon, pike, musky, catfish, peacock bass and other fish on the Amazon, and some ocean bottom fish. The customer really enjoys the rod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster